Gel polish chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The nail shack

Reaction score
I've just used the one step purity on a client and she's only had it on for 5 days and every nail has chipped... Can anyone suggest why?? I prepped (cuticle removal, removing natural shine), applied the purity nail prep, cured for 2 mins, applied 1 coat of purity colour, cured for a 2 mins then applied another coat of colour and cured for 2 mins. She is a new client and usually has shellac at a different salon, she is officed based and therefore doesn't have a strenuous job

I had the same problems with one step purity and also it was terrible to remove. I'd never use it again.

Could you recommend a brand please? I currently use CCO and Bluesky but wanted to invest in something better

Could you recommend a brand please? I currently use CCO and Bluesky but wanted to invest in something better

I love artistic colour gloss. It's hard wearing, great colour selection, easy removal and so nice to apply.

Hi hun just wondering what you weren't happy with while using bluesky as I was considering changing to that from nsi polish pro? Bluesky from what I remember removes beautifully but don't remember how it was to apply or wear?

I've just invested in the CND shellac but if I'm totally honest the bluesky and CCO are just as good

Bluesky is a nightmare to remove. I have clients come in with it it on and it just doesn't soak off.
Bluesky is not a professional product. You are much better off using a professional product.

I would recommend using another gel. It is possible that her nails just don't agree with purity brand. Everyones nails are different. I had a girl that came in while I was still in school. I first applied gel on her, she was having nails falling off within a few days. I then removed the gel and put on acrylic, still the same problem within a few days. So I removed the acrylic and I then tried shellac and it worked out great. But I have also had a few that just didn't hold up with shellac. So everyones nails can be different.

The condition of her nails could also be the problem. Are her nails peeling underneath before you applied the gel polish? If so maybe a treatment like IBX would benefit her until the 'peel' grows out and then she would find the gel polish lasts a bit longer xx

Latest posts

Back