Gel polish course advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misscharissa

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am booked on to do a Level 2 NVQ Course in Providing Manicure Services at the end of the month at a local College. After which I am wanting to train in Gel Polish once I am confident. I am on the Isle of Man so have very limited access to training, but I can travel across if need be. I have found a Gel Polish Course at a local Salon which offers training.

As I am fairly new, I asked for the details of the course in regards to training and got back very little, I am presuming it is a day course. I also asked what brand we would be trained in and was told that they don’t train us in any particular brand, just what brands they have - CND Shellac, Glitterbells, Permier Gel or Halo. Once we are trained we can then purchase any brand. Is this the norm for a gel polish course? Is this an advisable step to take or do you all suggest brand specific training? I want to make sure I get the best training, so just checking all avenues before proceeding with any training.

Thanks in advance!

I think it is quite normal for it to be non-brand specific. I'm level 2 trained in beauty therapy but it's been ages since I used it, and I'm wanting to go into gel nails too. I'm booked on for a 1:1 half day course with a local company where I will receive training into how to apply gel polish (and also a refresher for me to provide manicure services) and they don't use a particular brand. I am then going to do a conversion course with S2 so that I can use and offer shellac to clients.

I would do some research and decide what brand you might want to invest in and then look at their company page because most brands will offer their own courses.

HTH.

My gel course wasn’t specific, we used Halo Gel and NSI. I’m planning to do a brand conversion once I’ve decided which one to go for (there’s so many it’s confusing) just using Halo for now.

Thank you for your reply’s! I have decided to go with TGB after hearing so many amazing things about them. I am going to do their beginners course in Gel Polish once I have completed my NVQ. It makes sense to train directly with them as I am wanting to solely use their products and skip the middle man. I wish you both the best of luck in whatever you both decide!

Latest posts

Back