Gel polish disappearing when applying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade_mul

Reaction score
I’m having some problems with a couple of my clients as I put the gel polish colour on it disappears before I even get chance to put it in the lamp. I am prepping correctly and it’s only happening to certain people I thought it may be due to the clients nails anybody had experience with this and now how to avoid it, I am currently using Gelish foundation coat so not a cheap meals either and Gelish colours too xx

Do you mean free edge shrinkage or pooling?

Free edge strinkage can be down to a particular colour, often to darker colours, you may need to flash cure each nail to prevent it, then full cure. Also check you are throughly dehydrating under the free edge.

Pooling is usually contaminates on the nail surface, again dehydration is needed, often clients will tiuch their face or hair once we've preped them so pick up oils, foundation, etc.

It’s the free edge sides and middle it just litrally starts the disappear in places. The issue I’m haveing it’s the same people I have the issue with xx

It’s the free edge sides and middle it just litrally starts the disappear in places. The issue I’m haveing it’s the same people I have the issue with xx

Make sure the product is well mixed, you might need to use an orangewood stick to properly stir it. Double dehydrate, one hand at a time, flash cure individual nails if necessary

Make sure the product is well mixed, you might need to use an orangewood stick to properly stir it. Double dehydrate, one hand at a time, flash cure individual nails if necessary

Perfect will give the above a go Thankyou xx

It may also be that you're not applying your base coat in exactly the place you want your colour to be. The base is exactly that with some brands and you'll find that the colour will only 'stay' where you put the base.

If it's the colour coat shrinking from on top the base coat, I believe Gelish recomends you dry brush the cured base coat before applying your colour to eliminate shrinkage.

Latest posts

Back