Gel polish expiry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzie bee

Reaction score
Does the gel polish expire after a yr or two? I noticed mine is separating really bad even with shaking it?

Yes it does. Check the bottle for open expiry date. Gel does seperate anyway if it has not been in use for a while or sufficiently stirred.
I also ensure they are stored in the drawer out of the light and have a rough idea when each colour was purchased. May seem a bit OCD but it works for me.
I stir with the proper stirring tool for ages before I use the colour, so before you bin it just give it one really thorough stir to test. I kind of do a figure of 8 in the bottle if that makes sense.
I use cuccio, that has an open shelf life of 3 years, for me the USP.
Hope that helps

Yes it does. Check the bottle for open expiry date. Gel does seperate anyway if it has not been in use for a while or sufficiently stirred.
I also ensure they are stored in the drawer out of the light and have a rough idea when each colour was purchased. May seem a bit OCD but it works for me.
I stir with the proper stirring tool for ages before I use the colour, so before you bin it just give it one really thorough stir to test. I kind of do a figure of 8 in the bottle if that makes sense.
I use cuccio, that has an open shelf life of 3 years, for me the USP.
Hope that helps
Thanks so much, a lot of help!!

It's a good idea to shake and stir your bottles once a month anyway, especially colours you don't use so often.

Although a brand might only be guaranteed for say 12 months, they could in fact last many years. I was having a clear out this week and found a bottle of red Gelish from 2011 that was absolutely perfect!

It's a good idea to shake and stir your bottles once a month anyway, especially colours you don't use so often.

Although a brand might only be guaranteed for say 12 months, they could in fact last many years. I was having a clear out this week and found a bottle of red Gelish from 2011 that was absolutely perfect!
Thanks!! [emoji140]

Latest posts

Back