Gel polish fave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
What is your fav Gel Polish company?

I would like to whittle down to a few so I can try them all out

I love OPI gel polish. Gelish is my runner up.

I haven't tried INK London, but everyone on here raves about them!

The other girls where I work use Semilak, which looks beautiful when they use it, but I'm not a fan.

Gelish for me x

I really like madam glam so far. But I’m still trying out other brands

I love opi, Gellux is nice, and I get some great results with bluesky - (the no wipe top coat is fab for chromes!)

I love opi, Gellux is nice, and I get some great results with bluesky - (the no wipe top coat is fab for chromes!)
Another fan of Ink London here x

Gelish for me[emoji4]

Hello, for those that use Gelish, I believe it it vegan friendly does anyone know if it is tested on animals and if Gelish provide official info I can’t seem to find it. Thank you

Hi I also have used bluesky and elite 99 when I was training they are the cheaper brands but still seemed to last 2 weeks on hands a lot longer on toes , I also bought cnd Shellac to compare . I didn’t find the Shellac lasted any longer although it felt nicer to apply but I found it went gloopy . Now wondering whether to try Gelish. I’m thinking of starting doing gels again so do I stick with the blue sky and charge say £10 or buy cnd or Gelish and charge £15-20 ...I’ll be mobile but looking at renting a room . So very interested to see what is the best route and brand to use .

Opi, Gelish, shellac xx

Hi I also have used bluesky and elite 99 when I was training they are the cheaper brands but still seemed to last 2 weeks on hands a lot longer on toes , I also bought cnd Shellac to compare . I didn’t find the Shellac lasted any longer although it felt nicer to apply but I found it went gloopy . Now wondering whether to try Gelish. I’m thinking of starting doing gels again so do I stick with the blue sky and charge say £10 or buy cnd or Gelish and charge £15-20 ...I’ll be mobile but looking at renting a room . So very interested to see what is the best route and brand to use .
If I were you I'd stick with a professional only brand rather than Bluesky or Elite 99. Before you try Gelish, which is obviously a very good brand (I used it when I first started doing gel polish 7 years ago), why not give INK London a try? They apply like a dream, last really well and have a fantastic choice of colours. It is also very reasonably priced and you get 15ml bottles, not 7.5ml like I believe Bluesky, Ellite 99 and Shellac?

Beware of attracting the wrong sort of clients by offering a gel polish at £10! Don't undersell yourself!

If I were you I'd stick with a professional only brand rather than Bluesky or Elite 99. Before you try Gelish, which is obviously a very good brand (I used it when I first started doing gel polish 7 years ago), why not give INK London a try? They apply like a dream, last really well and have a fantastic choice of colours. It is also very reasonably priced and you get 15ml bottles, not 7.5ml like I believe Bluesky, Ellite 99 and Shellac?

Beware of attracting the wrong sort of clients by offering a gel polish at £10! Don't undersell yourself!
Thank you I will look at INK London ...I wasn’t really sure what to charge but thought with the ‘cheaper’ brands £10 was ok but I know what you mean it would be hard to put prices up even if I use better quality products I suppose ..thanks again all you recommendation I will take on board x

Thank you I will look at INK London ...I wasn’t really sure what to charge but thought with the ‘cheaper’ brands £10 was ok but I know what you mean it would be hard to put prices up even if I use better quality products I suppose ..thanks again all you recommendation I will take on board x
Can I just ask after a quick look at the INK London site is it as easy to remove as it says with their remover ?
Thanks again and they are a good price x

Can I just ask after a quick look at the INK London site is it as easy to remove as it says with their remover ?
I’m an ibd girl but I’ve tried INK London, it’s a lovely gel and yes it’s sooo easy to remove. It comes off easier than my ibd. By the way I agree with Beautifulyou, I would be charging at least double what you said for gel. Pick a brand your confident in (and I don’t mean your ability but the actual gel itself, how good it is) and charge accordingly x

I haven't had any problems removing it :)

Thanks Ladies:)

I was going to start using Candy Coat but theres been alot of negativity surrounding them lately.

Had anyone tried Saint Nails?

Hello, for those that use Gelish, I believe it it vegan friendly does anyone know if it is tested on animals and if Gelish provide official info I can’t seem to find it. Thank you
No it is not tested on animals. NHhabe stated this several times in the past on their UK Facebook page. Hope this helps

Gel Bottle is my favourite right now.

Latest posts

Back