Gel/Polish hybrids

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, what about soaking off, do you need to buff then ??

So am i correct in thinking gelish isn't a hybrid,but a coloured gel ?

Thankyou x

for me . i wasted my money on the first product. its hard in this field to find a company who cares about their clients as much as we care about ours, and well ive found my bus and ile be jumping on it every day. Gelish and gelish only, i even use it with dashing diva:) x

Last edited:
nope i pop some harmony remover onto pads wrap in tinfoil . or soak for 10 min . it peels of in the pad or the dish, never had to buff it off yet ? x and as it says its gel ish ... it is in a bottle and it applys like my nails inc polishes . it isnt in a pot . any way im not that bothered what it is. im extatic with it and so are all my NEW ( YIPEE ) clients x

According to what I have read you do need to lightly buff the topcoat before soaking off, although I know some tech's who don't and still soak off in 10 mins!!
For nail tech's though the fact that the topcoat is impervious to acetone is a good thing as you can work away on clients knowing that your own gelished nals will still look good . Giving it a once over with a sanding block before soaking off is hardly a lot of effort.

That's what I am thinking Izzy, I want something that will stay put on my nails, Bio never does, I want my clients to look at my nails and say "I want that":)

You simply take the shine off the Gelish to allow the remover to soak off the nail. As Isabel has said, Gelish is impervious to acetone so as a tech or client you do not have to take any care when using acetone or remover of any sort, your Gelished nails will stay shiney until you break that seal. :green:

That's what I am thinking Izzy, I want something that will stay put on my nails, Bio never does, I want my clients to look at my nails and say "I want that":)

I have tested Gelish on my right hand (I am right handed) I have been wrapping clients nails with foil and acetone (I always wreck polish doing that) I have been using lintfree wipes with scrubfresh (not plasticpadded ones) and I usually wear off polish on my little and ring finger. I have not spared them and this is how they look after 8 days: http://www.salongeek.com/members/no...pic-few-days-cause-they-arent-less-shiny.html

They are amazing! Mine last the same, not a mark on them and I don't have to be careful at all! :green:

My shellac never ruins with the use of acetone and scrubfresh. I don't use the plastic backed pads, i wrap nails in foil and soak off acrylics with the bowl and scrape method. I use acetone and scrubfresh all day long and it has never ruined a polish yet.
I even used scrubfresh this weekend to remove the sticky layer of the Shellac Topcoat because i left my D-Sperse in the salon. Worked fine and didn't even ruin the shine! Pictures in my album to prove it - under the album Minx Nails!

I think with both Gelish and Shellac (the only ones I have tried) we are lucky as techs, because now we can keep a color on the nails without ruining it.

I use both in my salon, so I just posted the pic in reference to the question about acetone, wasn't trying to make one seem less than the other. It just happened to be Gelish on the hand.

lol.... theres room in this world for all nail polishes gel and acrylics , our clients will choose the one they want and seek out the salon.and if they are happy they will return xx i was just saying. in my opinion , gelish is the one i will be using from now on. along side OPI and Nails inc .. but... it is the 21dayGelish manicure they are all going for at the mo :)

Latest posts

Back