Gel polish lifting on acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsBB2013

Reaction score
When I apply gel polish to natural nails I don't have a problem but on acrylic I seem to lose the capped edge easy leaving them more vulnerable and sometimes peeling and lifting after this. Has anyone else encountered this problem? X

Are you buffing the nail smooth prior to application? If so this will cause peeling. You don't want that perfectly buffed surface when applying onto acrylic. Simply do your first finish filing to get the correct shape, cleanse and apply colour.

Yeah that's why I am getting so frustrated with it pure. It goes onto filed nails x

I am having the same prob!!!! I am experienced and no I do not buffing the nail and I am still having that same problem with a couple of my clients. i cap the free edge and I apply the gel to a rough surface I even tried using the base coat to see if that would not ship and they're still chipping. have you found a solution?

Are you making sure the acrylic is really dry after you've scrubbed the acrylic?
You need to scrub the free edge nice and clean too so your capping can adhere properly too xx

Are you making sure the acrylic is really dry after you've scrubbed the acrylic?
You need to scrub the free edge nice and clean too so your capping can adhere properly too xx

ok I have never had my clients scrub I just brush it off and clean it really well but maybe I will have her scrub today and scrub the free edge really well and try that. thank you for your input:)

ok I have never had my clients scrub I just brush it off and clean it really well but maybe I will have her scrub today and scrub the free edge really well and try that. thank you for your input:)
You're welcome I hope it goes well! X

Latest posts

Back