Gel polish, opinions wanted please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayy xx

Reaction score
What are people's opinions on orly gel fx and ibd just gel?
I clearly know opi gelcolor, gelish and shellac are the top runners, I've used asp signature, which i rather like but have read some relatively mixed reviews, just wanted others opinions before purchasing! Thanks :)

I really like Orly Gel FX but it's a pain to remove. Needs a lot of filing down and a long time in remover wraps. Lovely glossy finish and quick application though. Another problem is the choice of colours, not really enough for my clients. Overall the good outweighs the bad but the removal does drive me crazy some days.

I also use CND Shellac and Bio Sculpture. I love Shellac and can't fault it at all, I also love Bio Sculpture but I'm quite allergic to it so don't do much anymore.

Hi
I use the IBD just gel polish range, I love them, great choice of colours, very easy to remove, lifts off in under 15 minutes , some of the colours can need 3 coats but I have found that with other brands too, wears fab on top of an overlay or extension , I've got very bendy thin nails and find this helps with staying power, only negative is I can not get hold of any display materials, contacted IBD directly over a week ago and had no response ?? X

ive used orly gel fx and find it goes on okay and lasts but as others have said it takes abit longer to come off and has to be filed.. with opi gel color its just a case of rapping it up and then when its time to remove the removal wraps it just comes straight off the nail plate :) xx

Hi, I use orly fx, ibd and Mani q and love them all. I have also learnt that if buffed well and capped edges removed you can use acetone in your wraps for removal with them all and doesn't take long to come off x

Im trialling ibd on myself at the minute, so far its lasting longer on me than Gelish so just waiting to see what the removal like. Not tried Orly but tried to remove it off, nightmare, and quite expensive when you compare the size x

I use Gelish & Gelicure but I am thinking of changing to Bio Sculpture as it is far less drying on the nails & from what I have seen far out lasts any of the other Gels & goes on easier apparently : /

LOVE LOVE LOVE IBD just gel. I use it workand uts great application and removal is good too :) xxx

I find Gel Fx is the best brand I've tried so far!! Although I haven't tried Shellac as it is quite expensive and hard to find in my region, but love how it stays put! Easy to apply, no buffing the nail!! And the shine!!!!
oops I also like IBD for the choice of colors!!!!

Orly gel fx is fantastic some of my ladies get 6 weeks from it and the growth in their nails is amazing without a chip
In sight x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love ibd Just Gel Polish.

I have 60 colours and I am constantly adding to my range.

The application is easy & hassle free and they have the Power Bond for problem lifting.

Removal is easy and they have a wonderful range of colours.

Support from ibd and Aii is lacking and also promotional material.

I really like IBD Just Gel, but only one of the salons I work with chose it and I must confess that I think they've taken a business hit because of it. Although it is significantly less expensive, it just doesn't have the name recognition of a CND Shellac, Gelish or OPI. It is a fab product though. I use it at home - wearing Luck of the Draw now - my new favorite red.

While all of our clients like it very much and we've never had a complaint about it, I don't think IBD Just Gel is a good stand alone brand. I think that it is a great add-on gel polish to one of the big three (plays very well with Gelish), but on its own, I don't think it draws in clients very well.

Just to clarify, I'm not advocating intermixing IBD Just Gel with other brands (except Gelish base/top as allowed by the manufacturer), I mean adding it as a second (or third or fourth...) system.

Last edited:
IBD i love it x
Thats my main range, love the colours and the quality x

Latest posts

Back