Gel polish peeling/falling off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle93xo

Studying to be a nail tech :)
Reaction score
Hi

So I'm training to be a nail tech and I've had some issues with gel polish. I do my mums nails for practice and she kept finding the nails would peel or fall off, I then changed the bulbs in the uv lamp and made sure I removed all natural oils from her nails and also made sure I capped her nails.

The last time I did her nails she was really impressed but 1 nail peeled off after 2 days, the rest are still on a week later.

What am I doing wrong?

What gel are you using?

Are you qualified in gel polish? There are so many things that can lead to service breakdown.
Are you using the matching lamp to the brand you are using? Are you completing thorough cuticle work? Did you buff the surface of the nail prior to application? Dehydrate? Over curing can cause lifting...
You'd need to provide us with more details to analyze where you're going wrong :)

Are you qualified in gel polish? There are so many things that can lead to service breakdown.
Are you using the matching lamp to the brand you are using? Are you completing thorough cuticle work? Did you buff the surface of the nail prior to application? Dehydrate? Over curing can cause lifting...
You'd need to provide us with more details to analyze where you're going wrong :)

I had no idea that overcuring can cause lifting! Why so?

I was taught you can’t over cure?

As you say you are training to be a nail tech, I would bring up your concerns with your trainer. Let us know how you get on

Can over curing cause lifting. My trainer never mentioned this. I often Bob the lamp on for a little extra if I am still working on the other hand. I am worried now x

Can over curing cause lifting. My trainer never mentioned this. I often Bob the lamp on for a little extra if I am still working on the other hand. I am worried now x

Overcuring is not that the nail has cured too long, it's rather that it cured too quickly afaik. You are using the lamp that goes with your system, right? :)

Overcuring is not that the nail has cured too long, it's rather that it cured too quickly afaik. You are using the lamp that goes with your system, right? :)
Yeah cnd led lamp. I use shellac mostly but have recently started with halo as well. Pure Nails assure me the cnd lamp is suitable for halo as well x

Latest posts

Back