Gel polish peeling, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mally101

Reaction score
Hey ladies. So my clients gel polish had been peeling! I’m prepping properly, and I make sure no polish is on the clients cuticles. I think I’m following all the steps. I do have one question, am I suppose to apply primer before applying gel base?? #FRUSTRATED

Can you list the steps you take, products and lamp so we can help please?

Hey.

Clip, file, push back cuticles. Remove cuticles, buff nail plate. Apply base, apply colour 2-3 coats. Apply top coat.

Gelish top coat
IBD base
DND Daisy colour
SunUv 48W led lamp

Ahh, I think you have your answer there! You are using 3 different brands and a generic lamp! Whichever brand gel polish you want to use, also use the same base and top coats to ensure compatibility. You should also use the lamp recommended by the brand to cure their products.

Also, do you cleanse and dehydrate the nail plate before applying base coat? And are you capping the free edge of each coat? (I ask only because you didn't mention it in your application list)

Ok thanks. Yes I am dehydrating the nail plate and capping the free edge. I also thought to use primer after using the dehydrator. Do you think that’s a good idea?

Ok thanks. Yes I am dehydrating the nail plate and capping the free edge. I also thought to use primer after using the dehydrator. Do you think that’s a good idea?
I'm not sure it would necessarily help as it's most likely your gel polish isn't compatible with your IBD base coat (I'm not familiar with the brand DND Daisy). Have you checked their application guide to see what they suggest?

I'm not sure it would necessarily help as it's most likely your gel polish isn't compatible with your IBD base coat (I'm not familiar with the brand DND Daisy). Have you checked their application guide to see what they suggest?

No I haven’t. I will though. Thanks again

I had no luck at all with IBD basecoat or top coat. I love Gelish base and top coat only and I use it with Gelish, IBD, Red Carpet Manicure and Pink Gellac Polish colours with no issues. My clients nails last sometimes up to 4 weeks.

if you are using ibd base coat you need to use ibd Powerbond before the base coat.
I have used this method/product before with ibd colour topped with Gelish Top It Off with no issues.

I had no luck at all with IBD basecoat or top coat. I love Gelish base and top coat only and I use it with Gelish, IBD, Red Carpet Manicure and Pink Gellac Polish colours with no issues. My clients nails last sometimes up to 4 weeks.

Thanks!!

if you are using ibd base coat you need to use ibd Powerbond before the base coat.
I have used this method/product before with ibd colour topped with Gelish Top It Off with no issues.

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back