Gel polish peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have my brother girlfriend come to me for her gels. I've been doing her nails for around 3 months now and the first set I done latest her around 2 weeks before they started to wear. After that her gels would peel off in a sheet or chip within days. (My other clients last 2-4 weeks normally.) I use Gelish and after trailing different ways that might possibly work for her, nothing has made a difference.
Her nails were weak so I told her we would stop and just do nail envy for a while to strengthen them up. Her nails have definitely improved, but the problem with the lifting is still happening.
I'm doing my prep as normal,
File, push back cuticles, buff the nail, (I then use acetone, I don't know if that would make a difference) and then a nail cleanser (lint free wipes of course) then Ph bond, base coat, 2-3 coats of colour depending on colour and then top coat. Capping the edge from base to top coat.
I've tried 3 different brands from Gelish, Gellux and Trugel. I just wondered if anyone could help. I'm at my wits end with this all. To begin with she picked them off ones they started peeling but then I told her off for doing that. By whenever she mentions that they've peeled off again, I can't imagine that they'd come off that easy without a bit of a helping hand.... Any help would be fantastic!
Thankyou!

This might not help or make any difference but its worth a try, I use CND Shellac and had a client that came to me and said that Gel polish never lasted on her, it always lifted off after a week. I did a manicure and payed particular attention to the cuticle, I followed the 'Fingernail Fixer's' 'The Real Cuticle' on you tube as it explains how cuticle can be on the nail but not visible to the naked eye, but will affect how a polish adheres to the nail plate.

My client still has the odd chip, but polish stays put on her nails now! HTH x

Have you considered IBX, it's fantastic for weak nails!

Thankyou so much for reply so quickly!
Okie dokie! I'll give anything a try! Just don't want to give up and leave her not having a solution.
Oh fab! I'll go have a little watch of those on youtube now thankyou :)
I've never heard of IBX, what is it? Sounds wonderful though!

Fab, thankyou again for your help x

Hi CiaoBellaBeauty

Iz gel from Izabelle Hammon Ltd is great to use as a base & top coat to help extend the wear. I would be more than happy to send out a sample for you to try?

Personally I use it on troublesome clients who can't seem to keep anything on & have noticed they get a much longer wear regardless of what products they are wearing.

Please feel free if you would like to drop me an email if you would like a tester :)

Alison

Latest posts

Back