Gel polish problems, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee_geeee

Reaction score
Hi all,
Since reopening after lockdown, at least 50% of my clients are not getting the full time out of their gel polish (manicure company). Obviously I was expecting the extra hand washing and over use of sanitiser to affect them to a certain extent but even some clients that would have been getting 4 weeks plus from their polish, are back after 1/2/3 weeks. And some are just losing them completely within a week 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I am a long long time doing nails, so I'm 100% confident in my prep/application etc.
So I'd appreciate any feedback on this or products you are finding good. We do use an elastic hard gel base coat that is working good for some clients, but not all 😭

Sanitisers contain 70% or 80% alcohol. We use isopropyl alcohol to dissolve and remove the inhibition layer. It is quite possible that the alcohol in sanitisers is affecting adhesion. No product chemist would have considered or tested for this COVID situation.

My instinct would be to completely sandwich problem lifters in hard gel. I see that you're now using a hard gel base but how about capping the gel polish with hard gel as well? Sanitiser isn't going to penetrate the hard gel like it could with a soak-off gel.

*double post, sorry

Not sure if it helps but as Bob said, a lot of sanitisers contain alcohol but you could try using Saloncide as that is alcoholfree and it will hopefully make a difference x

Some of mine have had problems with hand sanitiser causing lifting too. Which hard gel brand would you guys recommend?

Forgot to mention. Alcohol free hand sanitiser won't kill covid. It's the alcohol which prevents the virus from latching on.

Latest posts

Back