Gel polish recommendations please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a new Nail Tech. We were not taught in college that there were differences in lamps. I garnered most of my information from this site which I then went on to research myself. I am so grateful I came across this resource to get accurate information from experienced professionals.

I am a new Nail Tech. We were not taught in college that there were differences in lamps. I garnered most of my information from this site which I then went on to research myself. I am so grateful I came across this resource to get accurate information from experienced professionals.

Thank you for confirming this! I'm also sure you agree the last thing you want coming on to well a known, reputable forum like this is to be given inaccurate advice? Some people just don't seem to care about the damage they could be causing :-(

Whooptie doo. One tech out of many thousands around the world who will never get on this forum.

The issue runs much deeper than you think. Even if you buy the right lamp for the right gel, there's no guarantee that its curing the gel properly. I will even prove it to you.

OPI - this is one of the most well known "professional" brand that you can get. Their LED lamp, which came out about 2-3 years ago was made specifically to cure that gel color polish. Guess what - it does not cure properly and many people complained. I personally called the company and they even said themselves that its an issue they are trying to resolve with their chemist and that they should release a new lamp soon. Its been almost two years since that phone call and I will speak to them tomorrow to see if they fixed the issue.

Last edited:
As someone who has been working and lecturing in beauty for 30 years I'd like to point out that this 'old dog' has had to keep up with all the new innovation, exam board syllabus changes and new products, and it has been a pleasure.

Time to close this thread I think, enough said.

Whooptie doo. One tech out of many thousands around the world who will never get on this forum.

The issue runs much deeper than you think. Even if you buy the right lamp for the right gel, there's no guarantee that its curing the gel properly. I will even prove it to you.

OPI - this is one of the most well known "professional" brand that you can get. Their LED lamp, which came out about 2-3 years ago was made specifically to cure that gel color polish. Guess what - it does not cure properly and many people complained. I personally called the company and they even said themselves that its an issue they are trying to resolve with their chemist and that they should release a new lamp soon. Its been almost two years since that phone call and I will speak to them tomorrow to see if they fixed the issue.

Being demeaning and dismissive to a new tech is not not a good indicator of your concern for others.

I've had my suspicions since the first post, but I have a fairly strong feeling "Thebestrech" could well be our old friend Tuan, who has been absent for a while?!

Slightly different approach, but equally as infuriating, rude and arrogant!

I've had my suspicions since the first post, but I have a fairly strong feeling "Thebestrech" could well be our old friend Tuan, who has been absent for a while?!

Who is this Tuan. Ive never heard of him. He sounds like a cool guy.

Jk yea it me.

But its also equally infuriating that you guys don't understand the points that im trying to get across. lol

Last edited:

I called it too

Who is this Tuan. Ive never heard of him. He sounds like a cool guy.

Jk yea it me.

But its also equally infuriating that you guys don't understand the points that im trying to get across. lol

Is that a confession then @Thebesttech ?

Perhaps you should consider the fact that you are the common denominator in the equation, therefore it's not us that's the problem it's you. You may want to consider your methods of delivery and your attitude. Your tendency to make sweeping statements, then backtrack later, the insistence that your opinion or view is absolutely right, and preaching about how clever you are don't instill a sense of confidence in your statements. This in turn creates a sense of unease which prompts criticism and doubt not belief.

Perhaps you should consider the fact that you are the common denominator in the equation, therefore it's not us that's the problem it's you. You may want to consider your methods of delivery and your attitude. Your tendency to make sweeping statements, then backtrack later, the insistence that your opinion or view is absolutely right, and preaching about how clever you are don't instill a sense of confidence in your statements. This in turn creates a sense of unease which prompts criticism and doubt not belief.

I would like to personally apologize to all the longtime members here for any personal insults that I have given out. Looking back now I was being immature and very disrespectful on some post. Again I apologize.

But what I will not do is apologize for any information regarding nail products, techniques, and point of views on nail related products.

But what I will not do is apologize for any information regarding nail products, techniques, and point of views on nail related products.

Information needs to be factual, or preceeded with something like 'in my experience..' or 'from my research..' otherwise it's just as highlighted above and a point of view, we all have one and they are not all the same, therefore not all right.

Thank you for the apology, it takes a bigger person to take criticism and not bite back. Welcome to SalonGeek, I'm looking forward to hearing your aspect on things

Latest posts

Back