Gel polish shrinkage question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautybumblebee

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I never really have had problems with gel shrinking before, I use Gelish.
Recently I purchased the hand and nail harmony All That Jazz cuticle remover cream and it works really well but then when I come to the point to do my gels the colour is sliding away from the walls around the cuticle and into the centre.
I thought maybe I didn't remove the cuticle cream thoroughly so I made sure I did with the next set using warm wet mitts and then drying hands and it still happened.
my over all routine has not changed
scrub fresh
Ph bond
foundation, 5 seconds, dry brush
colour x 2, 30 seconds
t.i.o top coat, 30 seconds

I use Gelish LED lamp.

the only thing I have changed is the cuticle remover cream, any ideas as its driving me mad and I have had to discount my nails as they don't look as good as usual.

thanks

Is it colder than usual where you are working? Or are the polishes cold where they are stored?
Is it happening with everyone? Have the clients been using hand cream before their appointment?

Ive been using the cuticle remover since it launched and I've personally never had s problem with it. x

Is it colder than usual where you are working? Or are the polishes cold where they are stored?
Is it happening with everyone? Have the clients been using hand cream before their appointment?

Ive been using the cuticle remover since it launched and I've personally never had s problem with it. x

No, I don't think its cold I have a heater that I put on first thing to warm up the room.
its happening with most customers over the past few days. It has left me really confused! could it be my foundation isn't curing properly?

I keep the polishes in a cupboard and they have always been stored there.

Are you doing your foundation super thin x

Latest posts

Back