Gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajb

Reaction score
hi everyone, i currently use shellac and am happy with it but would like to add a gel polish to my range can anyone advise what they use or can suggest one as theres so many to choose from and want one that soaks off good as had trouble with people saying they have had shellac but an hour later still not soaked off

any advice would be greatful

xx

Following this :) I'm in the same situation. Use shellac now but my clients are mainly students so they want something that will last for 3 weeks+ regardless of the re growth.

CND Shellac takes 10mins max to soak off. If it's taking an hour, it's probably not CND Shellac in the bottle. Even a gel polish shouldn't take an hour's worth of soaking.

Brand wise there's loads. Gelish, Gel 2, Gellux, Cuccio, IBD, Orly GelFX, Jessica Geleration to name but a few.

I'd use the search facility on here and have a trawl through the threads to see which you like the sound of, then check out colour ranges and ensure you're using the official supplier. Cost wise, some vary by a few pounds per bottle but don't be just price led. When you work out the cost per service, they can actually be really similar.

I use CND Shellac and am considering Gel 2 (recently launched in UK) to providr the colours that aren't available with CND

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

want one that soaks off good as had trouble with people saying they have had shellac but an hour later still not soaked off

That's wild! I wonder what on earth they had on?! Defo not CND Shellac.

Following this :) I'm in the same situation. Use shellac now but my clients are mainly students so they want something that will last for 3 weeks+ regardless of the re growth.

Adding a layer of Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel will give you this result and the only difference is that the removal will take 15 minutes instead of the usual 10.

Look into artistic colour gloss... Great colours and customer service and also Gelish amazing colours Allthough slightly higher price point x

I use CND Shellac and Gelish, and I have to say as much as I love Shellac, my heart has a little bit more of a soft spot for Gelish. I love Gelish because I find the gel lasts a little longer on my clients nails, I love the large variety of colour, and love that Gelish can cure with UV and LED.

thanks for your advice everyone

i didnt know gelish could cure under uv light as well so i could buy a few gelish colours in to try and use my cnd shellac lamp to cure the gelish? just confirming that

x

also what are peoples opinions on gelux as in removal of it been told its difficult to remove is this right? xx

For those who use both gellish and shellac can you use the cnd lamp for gellish?

Yep you can use the cnd lamp for gelish . Takes 2 mins to cure for the colour coats and I think it's 1 min for the base x

Latest posts

Back