Gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs bevan

Reaction score
Hi all I’m interested in stocking urban graffiti gel polish for my salon does anyone have any views on this range
thanku

This is the Naio Nails one? Any brand that doesn't manufacture or recommend a specific compatible lamp is a red flag to me.

As per their site (FAQs | Naio Nails)

"WHICH UV/LED LAMP DO I NEED?
We highly recommend using either a UV or LED Lamp with a minimum powder of 36 watts, or otherwise the product will not cure correctly and you may encounter some issues."

Watts don't really mean anything in terms of curing.... so this information is unhelpful.

This link explains the importance of matching lamps;

UV lamps explained - (why any old lamp just won’t do!). UPDATED September 2019

They also do not ask for any proof of qualification before purchasing their products. For me, this almost pushes them into the home-brand category, with the likes of Mylee and Bluesky, that are easily accessible to ANYONE.

Hope this helps! x

Hi all I’m interested in stocking urban graffiti gel polish for my salon does anyone have any views on this range
thanku

I have their blooming gel and one colour. It was the only company doing a dark nude shade and blooming gel at the time that I could find and afford. Its also vegan which sold me.

I love the blooming gel and use it a lot. Not runny and sits there while it works. The colour is very thick on application which I struggled with but only used it the once in the end.

And although Id never advise to a client to..I do have a naughty habit of biting or picking gels off and when Id had the urban graffiti shade on my toes for 6 weeks it began to lift a little in a corner so I peeled it all off and it came off whole. As a picker it was a dream removal 😄 I know, naughty!

As I have other full sets I’ve not been that concerned about the lamp thing. I am usually very wary and wouldnt stock eg bluesky etc and am been strict with lamps and matching but this was for personal use and I use the blooming for art on top of other gels (the line I have doesnt have blooming gel yet so regardless of what brand I got it wouldn’t match) and its not caused any issues at all.

Latest posts

Back