Gel powder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophs999

Reaction score
Hi I think I am correct but wanted to check on here. There is no such thing as gel powder? I have clients who have been to discount salons and asked for gel, it appeared to have been acrylic but the tech has told them it's gel powder. I've told them as far as I know there is no such product and they say that as you have asked for gel but they don't do it....

Last edited by a moderator:
You are probably right in this instance and it is acrylic that has been applied, however there are some Gel Systems that add acrylic powder for strength AcryGel is one and LeChat have a system like this.

Yes there is gel powder, gelcrylic, etc....
If you Google you will find reputable companies make it LeChat, Sheba, etc...

Yes I've heard of cartel. So does that still go under the lamp? As I'm thinking if it doesn't then it must just be acrylic..?

Star Nail's product is called Acrygel. It is a gel/acrylic combo.
Put gel on brush, dip in acrylic powder.
Apply. Cure in UV light.
It's an acrylic application but strong like acrylic.

Some salons usse the gel powder woth acrylic liqiud. Apparently it is stronger. But it is still acrylic, they deceive clients.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

If it doesn't go into the lamp- it's more than Likely clear acrylic sold as gel powder and the customer is charged more!

I see this day in day out- all the salons do it near me.bi spend a lot of time removing and educating customers!

Latest posts

Back