Gel pricing for a home nail salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heidi R

Reaction score
Should I charge for soaking off the gel polish? Also, what should I be charging for gel polish manicure?

This depends on your area and costs. Have a google and see what those around you are charging then work out what your treatment costs and what you need to charge to make your wage.

In my area for example, Gel mani is £15-£35 and soak off is £0-£10

I charge £5 for soak off, and £25 for gel nails, removal is free if they have them reapplied. I work in south Essex area

It also depends on what brand you use as well as location and costs. I have generic gels that I use over acrylics that I charge £15 for (given the prep is already done and the materials are not expensive) but my starting price for Bio Sculpture/Evo is £20, more for overlays and more again for extensions.

I'm home based so have lower overheads which allows me to offer a good price. If I were paying rent etc I would need to charge more. I'm in West Kent area.

I charge £5 for gel polish soak off if it's not my work but nothing if it is. I have an additional fee if the soak off takes longer than 45 mins which is a very generous amount of time so I don't think it's unreasonable. In the long term the time will be 30 mins but for the time being I can allow a bit more.

Last edited:
I charge £25 fir a deluxe manicure, £30 if having gel polish instead of normal. I won’t offer a soaking off service as it usually means a client just sitting there for anything up to an hour. I’d have to charge about £25 to make that worth my while. I’d rather advise them to get acetone and do it themselves.

Latest posts

Back