Gel question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Hi all,

My friends sister (who lives down in Kent, otherwise I'd do her nail !!!! ;) ) has gel nail enhancements, but the technician 'dips' the gel into a powder before applying and it isn't cured under a uv lamp.

Has anybody heard of this system and if so where can you buy it? I'm curious!!! :lol: and more importantly is it a good brand?

Many thanks

Cant say I have ever heard of it, it sounds quite strange - not dissing it though

plaoh said:
My friends sister (who lives down in Kent, otherwise I'd do her nail !!!! ;) ) has gel nail enhancements, but the technician 'dips' the gel into a powder before applying and it isn't cured under a uv lamp.
Has anybody heard of this system and if so where can you buy it? I

The system is not a true Gel. It is a combination of a thick consistency Ethyl Cynoacrylate resin plus powder. There are a couple of systems that are similar. It may be Extreme from Backscratchers.

Many thanks for the help. Don't think i'll be bothering with it if it isn't a true gel! ;)

Could anyone recommend a good gel ?

Hi

With the backscratchers system (which is quite good BTW) ask her if her tech brushes over after she has dipped into the powder and then sprays and activator.

Hi Tracey,

Whats's BTW? :lol: am i being thick? ;)

If she's dipped in the powder and then brushed over and sprayed, isn't that the extreme acrylic! If so, I think it is abit naughty that this tech is advertising gel when it may not be. I'm now more curious than ever to know what she uses :lol:

hiya

BY THE WAY

yes it is a bit naughty it sound like the acrylic dip system to me. which is very good i have used it myself. BUT its not gel!!!

When i first started out i knew little or nothing about nails and i signed up for a "gel nails" course. Well it turns out that what i was taught is a system just like the one you described. It is referred to as gel but that's not what it is. The nails look very nice and thin but they don't last anywhere near as long as real gel nails. I now offer this as a more temporary service, say if someone wants them only for a vacation, or for a special occasion. I had a customer come to me the other day from another salon, she had asked for gel nails and they gave her these resin/acrylic nails instead. I've also heard of a lot of people who have asked and paid more for gels but what they really got was l&p with a gel gloss over them!

Hi there,
yes it sounds like Backscratchers to me too. I could recommend Akzents gels-great product.
regards, June.

Hi - just my two penny worth - I am impressed with the new Brisa Gel (CND) no one is harder on their hands than me and it's been good so far. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back