gel question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
First off HAPPY NEWYEAR GEEKS!
New years i didnt have time to give myself any form of enhancement.. rebalance or otherwise.. so i opted to snip off my length and thin out the product and funk it up with polish instead.

now 3 days later i tstill looks nice so, as im starting up with clients tomorrow i gave my nails a gel top coat. i scuffed the polish ever so lightly with a really old and loved white block and then applied.

I noticed after curing, that my normally shiny finish was dull after a swipe.. now i cant remember if this is down to my lamps/globes or the gel being past it. both are around 5 months old.. but in reality not that many hours used.

First off HAPPY NEWYEAR GEEKS!
New years i didnt have time to give myself any form of enhancement.. rebalance or otherwise.. so i opted to snip off my length and thin out the product and funk it up with polish instead.

now 3 days later i tstill looks nice so, as im starting up with clients tomorrow i gave my nails a gel top coat. i scuffed the polish ever so lightly with a really old and loved white block and then applied.

I noticed after curing, that my normally shiny finish was dull after a swipe.. now i cant remember if this is down to my lamps/globes or the gel being past it. both are around 5 months old.. but in reality not that many hours used.

I would say it is probably because it has been used over nail polish. I may be wrong, but I've never had any success using gel over enamel.

I wouldn't have thought it's the gel...if kept correctly, that has a shelf life of a couple of years.

Latest posts

Back