Gel recommendations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a nail lurker and not trained in nails and even I can see that was absolute nonsense from tuan, do us all a favour and stop digging you sound ridiculous.

I’m a nail lurker and not trained in nails and even I can see that was absolute nonsense from tuan, do us all a favour and stop digging you sound ridiculous.

Youre not trained in nails and youre telling me that I sound rediculous? Stick to lurking.

Wow what did I open up

I just wanted recommendations on other gel companies. To all the others who have recommended thank you. Some new ones that I haven't heard before.

It's never a waste of time to confront and correct you on the numerous inaccurate statement and just plain lies you so often present here. There are a number of new techs on this board and hundreds more who lurk and read. I am writing here, not to convince you (because you have shown an inability to be swayed by facts), but to make sure others are informed that what you've said should not be taken at face value. Your statements should not go unchallenged and should not be accepted as fact by people new to the profession.

You have maligned a number of brands and manufacturers, as well as members of this forum. That is unacceptable behavior from anyone, but particularly bad coming from one who claims to be a professional. If there is evidence that supports your statements, then produce it in this public forum to be analyzed, scrutinized, and debated. That's how science works; heck, that's how basic human decency works. Anything less is just malicious fearmongering and gossip.

I'm willing to have a civil debate with you or anyone, anytime. Im also not so dugged in that I won't change my stances. Im a researcher. I change my stance all the time because of new info.

You do not understand how these products are made and how businesses work. So why should I even begin wasting my time proving to you that my statement is true or false? And how did you trust these companies in the first place? Did you ask them for evidence? Even if you did ask, what the heck did you ask for? Are you some kind of gel expert? No, youre not. So again, you keep asking me for evidence but you wouldn't even know what to do with the evidence.

The reason why you guys can't sway me is because non of you guys understand how these products are made. So I ask you guys this, is it wrong for me, then, to disregard what you have to say about gels?

Wow what did I open up

I just wanted recommendations on other gel companies. To all the others who have recommended thank you. Some new ones that I haven't heard before.

All brands that is not CND is cheap. So it being Gelish doesn't make a difference. My point was that you can buy a cheaper brand like DND and still get the same results as Gelish.

Youre asking for brand recommendation, but it isn't so simple as that, as you can see.

Last edited:
Youre not trained in nails and youre telling me that I sound rediculous? Stick to lurking.

Yes, I can also spell.

This is beyond ridiculous. Maybe this post needs closed now.
Tuan whenever you crop up you're always so terribly negative towards other geeks. This is a site to help other geeks, support one another, help each other thrive, because lord knows it's a tough industry to be in now.
Maybe admin can close this now as the OP has had the help they need.

I spelled principle incorrectly but context in which I've used it is much more important that the actual spelling. The main thing is that you understood what I've tried to say. Now youre just wasting mines and everyone elses' time to correct me just for the sake of correcting. What does that say about you? What does that say about your attention span in these conversations? Your focus is on the wrong things.

Some of you guys are saying I have no evidence, which is EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE. You guys don't know anything about these products. You only have a surface level knowledge of the product. I've spoken to the makers of these products and understand how they are made. So for some of you to say im lying is, again, extremely offensive to my intelligence. For me to make the claim that these products are no good, a lot of things had to happen. Alot of unique experiences had to have taken place. And ive simplified it in the previous posts.

You have made sweeping generalisations about the intelligence of nail techs, how do you know they only have surface level knowledge of the products?

No one has claimed you were lying as such, they have simply disagreed with your opinion, which, as you have been unable to back up your statements, is all you have offered.

I doubt even CND themselves would verify your claims as fact, if they did they would be expected to offer evidence.
Unless you have a scientific study of every product and lamp on the market, tested in laboratory conditions, you can not conclude that one brand is superior to all others.
Just saying 'a lot of things had to happen' and 'a lot of unique experiences had to have taken place' does not qualify as proof, evidence or fact.
In all honesty you are doing a disservice to a good brand, if your goal is to promote CND, I fear your ramblings may have the opposite effect.

I finally saved enough to get a gel polish kit, insurance ect.

I was so hoping for CND but they have removed all kits off their website and have said they will be bringing a new product out in a few months.

Which other brand would you recommend? I love the idea of Gelish but worry they are open to the public and puts me off. Do Gelish offer a course as well? All though fully trained I like to get product training to match.

Now back to the question that the poster has asked .... !!!!

I have used CND Shellac for years, but 1 product does not suit all unfortunately ...
So I have been trialing a range of different products that I can have along side CND Shellac to suit the other clients in my salon that do not get even 1 week from CND Shellac, (clients who like myself have bendy and weaker nails, the movement means that lifting & chipping does happen.
I had ordered a basic base, top, and colour, and also rubber base, rubber top, and BIAB from The Gel Bottle, I have just sent my second order as I’m loving the products, I’m currently getting 3 weeks wear from it.
I also have a selection of OPI which both myself and clients liked, but The Gel Bottle has just wowed us all. The top coat shine is the same 3 weeks later.

My advice to you is to try a selection of different brands which suit your clients and you like using.

Hope I helped - Sandra x

Last edited:
Wow what did I open up

I'm so sorry you have had to encounter Tuan's biased, ridiculous and disrespectful ramblings so early since joining Salon Geek! Hopefully he'll crawl back under his stone for while!

There are lots of other good brands out there. As others have said, I would stick to one that sells to professionals only and it's a good sign if they offer training and their own lamp.

Have you contacted Nail Harmony to see if they do Gelish training near you?

For what it's worth, I use INK London. The Gel Bottle and Cuccio

Now back to the question that the poster has asked .... !!!!

I have used CND Shellac for years, but 1 product does not suit all unfortunately ...
So I have been trialing a range of different products that I can have along side CND Shellac to suit the other clients in my salon that do not get even 1 week from CND Shellac, (clients who like myself have bendy and weaker nails, the movement means that lifting & chipping does happen.
I had ordered a basic base, top, and colour, and also rubber base, rubber top, and BIAB from The Gel Bottle, I have just sent my second order as I’m loving the products, I’m currently getting 3 weeks wear from it.
I also have a selection of OPI which both myself and clients liked, but The Gel Bottle has just wowed us all. The top coat shine is the same 3 weeks later.

My advice to you is to try a selection of different brands which suit your clients and you like using.

Hope I helped - Sandra x

Thank you so much Sandra. When I entered beauty, nearly 10ish years ago. Gel polish was only just breaking through and I have lost my way with it all.

Many people have recommended The Gel Bottle. I will give them a look, as I was tottally unaware the existed. I am the same, I sometimes find CND Shellac does not stay on my fingers and now I know why.

I finally saved enough to get a gel polish kit, insurance ect.

I was so hoping for CND but they have removed all kits off their website and have said they will be bringing a new product out in a few months.

Which other brand would you recommend? I love the idea of Gelish but worry they are open to the public and puts me off. Do Gelish offer a course as well? All though fully trained I like to get product training to match.

I use Shellac and have just invested in The Gel Bottle. I love Shellac but for me personally I need more colour choice. I feel like sometimes they are a bit behind and have found my clients want bright colours etc. I’m waiting for my delivery of TGB so haven’t tested it yet but I’m hoping it’s as good as people say. I have also had Gelish in the past and I did their course. I just found that some colours needed loads of coats and for that reason I discontinued use. The Gel Bottle do offer courses so check them out as it may be what you are looking for. Good luck [emoji4]

I'm willing to have a civil debate with you or anyone, anytime. Im also not so dugged in that I won't change my stances. Im a researcher. I change my stance all the time because of new info.

You do not understand how these products are made and how businesses work. So why should I even begin wasting my time proving to you that my statement is true or false? And how did you trust these companies in the first place? Did you ask them for evidence? Even if you did ask, what the heck did you ask for? Are you some kind of gel expert? No, youre not. So again, you keep asking me for evidence but you wouldn't even know what to do with the evidence.

The reason why you guys can't sway me is because non of you guys understand how these products are made. So I ask you guys this, is it wrong for me, then, to disregard what you have to say about gels?

I hate to respond to you because your conduct does not merit a response. But again, for the sake of other readers...

One of the standards of professionalism is treating fellow professionals (and aspiring professionals) with respect - professional courtesy. Your assumptions about my knowledge and qualifications (as well as of those in this forum) is ignorant, insulting, and unprofessional. Yes, I am a gel expert. I have been licensed nail tech (manicurist) since 1975, I am also an Ivy League trained university researcher and industry analyst. I have worked on federal/state grants for immigrant business owners on upgrading NSS salons. I know my stuff. And I know that many others members of this forum have far more impressive resumes than mine, and that several highly respected scientists in this field often post here. If you have evidence, bring it. You could not find a more appropriate place for it.

It is a shame that a newbie can't ask a simple question about brand preferences without getting dragged into this mess.

Last edited:
What about Biosculpture! That’s a good brand but expensive.

But my other profession is researching.

What field of research is your PhD in?
You should only refer to yourself as a researcher if you hold a Doctorate or Higher Doctorate or are you employed as a research assistant with a Masters level qualification?

Anything else is just embellishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back