Gel Sculpting Comp Practise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scratchers

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Well competition time is looming and as i have decided to enter some catergories that i have'nt enterd in before i thought i better get cracking!!!! lol

So those of you that have sculpted gel before and are competeing DON'T LAUGH!!

This is my attempt on sculpting gel any advise would be much appreciated xxx

Attachments

• gel nails 3 001.jpg
    gel nails 3 001.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 258
  • gel nails 3 022.jpg
    gel nails 3 022.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 170
from what i can see [very small screen] these look beautiful, lovely smile lines.
fantastic.

Thanks hun i actually find it easier to sculpt with gel think its cos you have more time to play around with the product xx

Hello the lovely kirsty! these look fab seems like you picked up loads a tips re sculpting gel the other week well done xx there are two things that shout out to me one is the middle finger free edge is going off at an angle two there is a hole in the side wall that needs filling with gel then filing. They look lovely and thin at the free edge and your apex is fab well done you.

You know that the sculpting comp is mixed l&p and gel so may be you could try a set of sculpted l&p and see which comes out better and which you feel more comfortable working with hths you xxxx

As Tricky said there are very few entries in the sculpting competition with gels....a geeky friend of mine who always sculpts gel in the office told me that she could never compete with gel in the sculpt competition as gel can't really compete with l/p in terms of thinness of product, c curve (can't pinch it) and arch location.....but why not push the boat out and see if you can change the school of thought on this.

Hello the lovely kirsty! these look fab seems like you picked up loads a tips re sculpting gel the other week well done xx there are two things that shout out to me one is the middle finger free edge is going off at an angle two there is a hole in the side wall that needs filling with gel then filing. They look lovely and thin at the free edge and your apex is fab well done you.

You know that the sculpting comp is mixed l&p and gel so may be you could try a set of sculpted l&p and see which comes out better and which you feel more comfortable working with hths you xxxx

Yeah i did think that gonna get my model to come in and i'm gonna try one hand l&p and one hand gel, either way i want to do one of the comps in gel just not 100% which one with which xxx

I did pick up loads from you hun yeah it was fab,i can see what you've picked up so will work on that thanks hun xx

Yeah i did think that gonna get my model to come in and i'm gonna try one hand l&p and one hand gel, either way i want to do one of the comps in gel just not 100% which one with which xxx

I did pick up loads from you hun yeah it was fab,i can see what you've picked up so will work on that thanks hun xx

good luck with your final choice hun xxx

i would push the boat out on sculpt but i know i won't have the energy after sunday nights antics:lol:

As Tricky said there are very few entries in the sculpting competition with gels....a geeky friend of mine who always sculpts gel in the office told me that she could never compete with gel in the sculpt competition as gel can't really compete with l/p in terms of thinness of product, c curve (can't pinch it) and arch location.....but why not push the boat out and see if you can change the school of thought on this.

I found it really easy to pinch gel i didn't want to pinch too much as i was scraed it would just snap lol just played around and found a couple of techniques to do when pinching so i'm gonna time myself next time see how long it takes xx

very nice smile lines!!!:green:
only thing i noticed was the sidewalls aren't completely smooth. Don't know if it's just the camera angle, might just be me being picky! :lol:

wow and wow gwad I wish i had your drive !!!!

as you know I've never looked at the comp thing far to crap and scared lol
but these look fabo xx well done on being able to pinch, I've tried it and ended up in a terrible mess, the smiles c curve and line of light all look spot on the only thing I would look at if I was you are your side walls, as some of them look VERY slightly bulky by looking at the lower arch I think you'd be able to thin them down a little xx hope you don't mind me saying xx

wonderful nails and why I'm never going to be good enough !!

wow and wow gwad I wish i had your drive !!!!

as you know I've never looked at the comp thing far to crap and scared lol
but these look fabo xx well done on being able to pinch, I've tried it and ended up in a terrible mess, the smiles c curve and line of light all look spot on the only thing I would look at if I was you are your side walls, as some of them look VERY slightly bulky by looking at the lower arch I think you'd be able to thin them down a little xx hope you don't mind me saying xx

wonderful nails and why I'm never going to be good enough !!

Yep your right they do have a slight bulge thanks hun, course i don't mind you saying hun thats what i put them on here for xxxx

Hi kirsty,

I think that they really look fabulous!
May i ask how you pinched the gel nails? they look reaaaaaally good :eek:
Do you put them in for a few sec. and then pinch the curve in or how?
I am really curious...

Kirsty they are stunning, well done.

Hi kirsty,

I think that they really look fabulous!
May i ask how you pinched the gel nails? they look reaaaaaally good :eek:
Do you put them in for a few sec. and then pinch the curve in or how?
I am really curious...

yes cure for 10 secs and then pinch then put in for 2 mins and if needed pinch in the lamp x

im not sure why you would think that some of us would laugh as there gorgeous.your smile lines look fab.i know what you mean by that you find it easier with gel as you have more playing time,as ive found the same.i find doing my whites with gel alot easier with gel than acrylic even though i have much more experience with acrylic.good luck for the comps im sure you'll do fine.

Yummy nails - as always!!

NOT FAIR!!! your pics depress me - ill never be as good as you!!! :irked:

Seriously a job well done chick!! I admire your drive and determination too!! xx

yes cure for 10 secs and then pinch then put in for 2 mins and if needed pinch in the lamp x

Thx for the info Kirsty. Very helpfull :hug:

Latest posts

Back