Gel/Shellac nails start up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahwellness

Hannahwellness
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am wanting to add on the gel/shellac nails to my treatment list. I am wondering how many colours you all started with? As I don't want to have too much or too little choice at first?
Thank you x

I would get all the popular colors. You don't have to have a ton colors. That would overwhelm the client. The most important thing is when you paint the gel onto the sample plate, make sure that it looks as nice as possible.

I started with just 12 colours but those colours were VERY well thought out and covered all my colour bases until I could afford to grow my collection :)

Definitely black, white, translucent pink (for french),
Then: red, light pink, dark/bright pink, a blue, a green, purple, orange, grey and maybe a translucent glitter that you can use over other colours, gold, silver.

12 covered my bases but I would say start putting money aside (or reabsorbing your profits) to build to about 24 colours. That's a good number that will keep you going for a while... You'll get a feel for what people starting for and requesting :)

Remember you can enhance colours with additives, pigments etc. So much you can do to achieve a clients colour selection that you may not already have in a bottle. x

Can you mix colours in the same brand to make new ones?

Latest posts

Back