gel trouble shooting - any geeks near Basingstoke?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caths nails

Reaction score
Hi all
Just wondered does anyone live near or around Basingstoke. I would love to get together with a fellow nail tech for some one to one general chat, advice etc. The girls I trained with have all but dissapeared off the planet and as I work from a salon at home I never have anyone to bounce stuff off.
Hope someone is near enough
Cheers
Cath

You can always bounce off us lot on here Cath... there are a lot of techs who work alone who use this site as their sounding board with nail problems etc x

Hi Sandi :)
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. Have you heard of Nailite in the USA? I've been using thier products for some time now and have been gettng problems with gels lifting off tips, and tips not staying on:cry:
Any ideas?

Have you changed your UV bulbs recently, it could be that.

What sort of tips are you using, white, clear or natural? Do you blend them and/or remove the shine before application?

Hi again
I use Active tips, natural and they are the ones that do not need blending. Yes I always remove the shine
:confused: thanks
Cath

In that case Cath I would say that it is possibly time for you to change the bulbs in your UV lamp.

It's better to use clear tips when using gel as it ensures that the gel cures from underneath the tip as well as from above, using a more opaque tip can prevent the gel from curing right the way through.

hth's a bit

Thanks Sandi
I will change my bulbs and try again with clear tips. You've been a great help.
Wish you weren't so far away,:cry:
Cath

Thanks Sandi
I will change my bulbs and try again with clear tips. You've been a great help.
Wish you weren't so far away,:cry:
Cath

gEEKS ARE ONLY EVER A CLICK AWAY.. (OOPS CAPS ON)
seriously, no question is too dumb.. I was pretty isolated from the industry too.. now i know i can have any question answered if it can be.. and i have found some other interesting sites that have stemmed from here.. also magazines are great to keep you interested.. good luck.. you aint alone!

Latest posts

Back