gel v frabric

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
hi expert opinon needed. im still struggling to find the right course. have already spent loads on lcn gel and its down to me i know but im hoping to convert to a company who can train a bimbo!!!
questions
should i do a gel conversion or fabric conversion which is best - i know i know both will depend on client and hopefully i will do both but at the mo need to do one so which first. im going bald pulling my hair out at all the options aggghh! (good job i dont bite my nails)
do creative do in salon training?
in the lifelong learning book it says for conversion to bring regular tools of trade... does that mean files and things... i dont use creative files - would love to but dont live near shop and cant find the shop on designer nails site.
have seen somewhere on this site in a message about having to be certified nail tech for a year is that the same for these two courses?

You do have to be qualified for 12 months before you do any conversion courses with Creative. I would say if you have been doing gel but you`re still not happy with it, then maybe stick with a gel product but get better training. Or try fibreglass as something completely different and its probably easier to learn and master. Ruth is probably the best one to tell you how easy or difficult fibreglass is and she is an expert in that field. I`ve been no help at all for you, all I`ve done is waffle, sorry

Hi ya Hun,
Well depends which system you want to learn or improve............
have you trained with the LCN???
If so, do they do follow up classes????
What are the problems with the LCN Gel??? Is it the product or the technique???

I think you have to be certified for a year in a system, before you can do a conversion course.????
But,I am not sure about the creative ruling about conversion courses.
But I know a family that is lol. Over to the Sweets lol.

Fibreglass or Silks are a different ball game, I know loads of techs who are brill at Gel or Acrylic but can't cope with the Fibreglass/Silk application. They find the Fibreglass/Silk to fiddly to cut, the cant get the stress area right ,have Resin control problems aso.

All systems have their own degree of difficulty.
The way to become great at any system is practice, practice and more practice.

Fabric# is the fibreglass/Silk system with added important bits, different types of resin for the different steps in the application. You build the apex with the resin not the stress strip. Fab system by the sounds of it.

Not sure if this has helped at all?????
Love Ruth xxx

hi again thanks for your reply. i didnt mean to seem like i was slagging lcn off, its me not the product, my coz has a salon in beds and she has customers willing to wait two months for the lcn gel.
my trainer was actually sacked after our course!!! but i think they do a refresher, its just i see creative so much more and figure it must be the way to go. i use soft touch silk but had no training - as they dont do it at mo in europe.
major concern is i had a morning covering contra-indiacations and nail disorders/diseases/product chemistry. have brought doug schoons book but dont feel happy with my 'naivety' in nails.
trying to find a nail technology course to nvq or vtct or whatever level
can anyone help
i sound like a drip but i read so much about non standard salons and i just want to be 'professional'
cheers

Hi Hen, there are loads of us that had bad training and have now found creative is the way to go but if your tutor was sacked after you finished your course then surely they know there was a problem and will address it for you. Have you been in touch with them to get some sort of follow up help if they`re not willing to retrain you. Failing that you may be better off going to your local college in september to do VTCT, you will need it by next year anyway by the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back