gel versus cold temperature

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I have a small question ...

I was wondering if it,s possible to transport uv-gels in your lugage by airplane?
I have no idea how cold it is where they store the lugage and if it has a bad effect on the gel?

I don,t want to take any chances...

Thx to all in advance xxx :hug:

If I were you I would check with your distributor and/or trainer as not all gels are exactly the same. Some companies send products to spain for example but not sure whether they ship or send air mail.

If you find out I would be interest to know for future reference

I agree, it would be a good idea to talk to your supplier . . .

however although gel stiffens up when it's cold I believe it simply softens again when brought up to temperature again, and likewise gets runny when its warm. I don't think the gel is harmed though . . .hth x

Thx,

I will send an e-mail today to the distributor and ask how it works.
I will let you know what the answer is. Don,t want to run any risk buying a few new jars of gel to find them not performing as well after it,s trip here.

:hug: i,ll let you know what they told me

I doubt that the cold will effect the gel long term, you will just have to warm it up again before you use it.

If its cold when i am mobile, i will just put the pot in between my knees while i am doing my prep to warm it up a bit before i use it on the client. Always works for me.

i dont think it will be a problem.
after all how do they get it from the manufacturer to the customer. its going to be in ahold of some kind and there would be a low temp whatever the vehicle.

i thought first aswell that it couldn,t harm the gel... I have sended an e-mail to the distributor but no answer yet. Maybe they are trying to figure it out aswell :wink2:
But then again i always have these weird questions :green:
They probably see my e-mail and think...oh it,s the weird one, who wants to take on her e-mail?

As soon as i know something i post it here

Latest posts

Back