Gel versus L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussycatbeech

Reaction score
Hi
If a new client came to you and wanted enhancements how would you decide whether to use gel versus l&P? Are you finding that gel is more popular these days or would you say it was 50/50.

Thanks!
Cat

I personally find L&p stronger and longer wearing.

If it were me i would describe both methods to the client listing pros and cons in my opinion and have them decide what they want.

Hi Chrisole
What are the pros and cons in your opinion?

Thanks!
Cat

You really have to do a thorough consultation what are their needs, expectations, what job do they do? Do they need something a bit stronger? Do they need something more flexible? I would decide what is best from this information and advise the client , try not to let them tell you what you are doing

Hi Chrisole
What are the pros and cons in your opinion?

Thanks!
Cat

Like sarahxxx mentioned you are not supposed to let them tell you what to do but i have found that letting them choose what they want helps.

Well i am still no expert in nails but i will briefly explain the process as in one is a gel the other is a powder i will definitely mention that there might be an annoying smell when doing l&p, i will mention that gel get cured under a uv lamp, in my opinion always, gel is shiner but l&p look a bit more natural, l&p is stronger and more durable then gel, and definitely mention what each method requires in the taking them off. Also if you are using any soak off gels don't forget to mention them as well.

Latest posts

Back