Gel with baby wipes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peppy

Reaction score
Hi, mentioned to a customer today that I will be changing from Acrylic to Gel enhancements, and she said that they wouldnt be any good for her as she heard that if you use baby wipes a lot then it affects them. She dosent know if its Gel polish or actual Gel. Has anybody else heard this?

Iv never heard this and I'm
Living proof that's not true anyway! I have 3 kids and I get through a pk of 80 wipes prob every week or two. I have worn Shellac, hard and soft gel and have never had problems!

me too im a mum of 2 under 3 and self diagnosed ocd so always cleaning and ive never had a problem. (yes i use wipes for cleaning too they're good for certain surfaces! ) xx

me too im a mum of 2 under 3 and self diagnosed ocd so always cleaning and ive never had a problem. (yes i use wipes for cleaning too they're good for certain surfaces! ) xx

Lol snap!!! Baby wipes are great ;)

This is the strangest thing iv ever heard!! I'm also a mum & use baby wipes daily, wear gel & never had any problems!! Non of my clients have either :-/

Agree, never heard of it. I have two under 15 months and use baby wipes for everything! Theyre great for cleaning leather sofas!

if these wipes can effect enhancements...what on earth does she think the wipes are doing to her babe's skin?

if these wipes can effect enhancements...what on earth does she think the wipes are doing to her babe's skin?

I was going to say exactly the same! Would never use anything on my kids that could take off solid acrylic or polis/gels!

a little common sense here, right? lol
unless the wipes have acetone in them AND you're using soak off gel, that would be the only way they could effect the new enhancements....but I would pray no baby wipes have acetone! ;)

Latest posts

Back