Gelbond clogging

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, does anyone know the best way to stop the nozzle of gelbond clogging. I am wiping the nozzle at the end of a service with scrubfresh and when I come to use it again it has clogged up. I clean it out with a pin and after I have applied one tip the nozzle has clogged again.
David

Hi, i also have this problem, and have found the only way is to keep using a pin. i think because it's such a thick glue its one of the downsides to it. Would be interested if anyone else has any ideas.

Sorry not much help.:o

hiya
1st. slapped wrists for "swearing", gelbond is adhesive, not glue!

2nd. make sure u wipe the nozzle on gauze every time you use it, & replace the lid.
this may sound excessive, but it works.
you soon don't even notice that youre doing it!
liza x

liza smith said:
hiya
1st. slapped wrists for "swearing", gelbond is adhesive, not glue!

2nd. make sure u wipe the nozzle on gauze every time you use it, & replace the lid.
this may sound excessive, but it works.
you soon don't even notice that youre doing it!
liza x

To add to Liza's post. Yes wipe the nozzle if you have to with a gauze pad and NO Scrubfresh. Moisture will dry and cake the nozzle.
Next screw the cap on really nice and tight. YOu dont need Scrubfresh, you don't need oil etc. Just a light touch and a firm wipe and cap on.

Always squeeze from the middle of the tube so that you do not force the adhesive to keep coming out of the nozzle (Its not toothpaste) :lol:

It should never clog if you do these things.

Gigi said it best--- especially about squeezing from the middle of the tube, not the end...

Also, I put a DROP (and I mean a teeny tiny little drop) of Solar Oil on the rings where the cap screws on, rub it around, and then wipe excess with gauze pad...

Very effective!!

(As Gigi said though- don't forget to squeeze from the middle!) :biggrin:

I've never had to use a 'pin'-- what kind of pin do you mean? A safety pin? Or a sewing needle pin? (Great tip to share if it does clog!) :green:

TIA

i use a safety pin as i've found in the past with other "adhesives" that you can sometimes put a pin in then it gets stuck and you've then blocked it up worse...lol. At least with a safety pin you've got something to hold on to.

Mind you if we follow the previous advice we wont need a pin will we?

Latest posts

Back