Gelcolor dissolving during swimming??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButterflyRoom

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
just wandering if anyone can help I've had a client that had OPI gelcolor a week ago and has contacted me to say that it was great up until she went swimming and then it seemed to dissolve off most of the nails and had to be removed off the others, I've never heard of this happening before has anybody else, also and is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again?? I've offered to do them again free of charge but am just abit confused as to why this might of happened??
Can anyone help or advise at all pls!?
Many thanks
Xx

Hi geeks,
just wandering if anyone can help I've had a client that had OPI gelcolor a week ago and has contacted me to say that it was great up until she went swimming and then it seemed to dissolve off most of the nails and had to be removed off the others, I've never heard of this happening before has anybody else, also and is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again?? I've offered to do them again free of charge but am just abit confused as to why this might of happened??
Many thanks
Xx

Don't worry ... It DIDN'T happen.

Unless the client went swimming in Acetone, she is pulling a fast one.

Even if gel could 'dissolve' in chlorinated water (which it can't) why would some and not others? Ridiculous!

When you know that it takes something like Acetone to even soften gel how can you even give any credence to what she has told you? It really does help in these situations to understand something about your product chemistry.

When you put it like that I hadn't even thought about it! Just taken her word! Would of thought I'd of learnt after 11yrs experience I've heard most story's in the book! Thanks for ur prompt reply! ;-)

Lol

I don't know how they think stuff up like they do and expect anyone not to laugh in their faces!

Do they think every person who goes on holiday with their nails done watches them dissolve in pool water? I mean it's just absurd.

You need more confidence in your product love! Lol. I mean nails come out of California! What do they do more of in Cal. than anywhere else? swim ... In pools. Would every female in Cal be wearing na
s if they dissolved in pools ? :p

I would tackle her with some humour and just laugh at the ridiculousness of her claim.

Last edited:
Hi geeks,
Many thanks
Xx

Poor you. Sounds like she has done it before & it has worked again...she is getting another set done for free.

She was recommended to me by a good friend and very good client of mine so I will do her another set purely to keep a good rep of trying to accommodate and do my best by all my clients, she is actually insisting on paying something for them to be redone (bit strange for someone trying it on but anyway) if she continues to be a problem maybe we'll see if she's worth going out of my way to accommodate but this time I'll do it once! ;-)
Thanks geeks
🌸

Latest posts

Back