GELeration - urgent advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise07

Reaction score
Hi,

I went to do my nails today and opened the start gel to find that the brush had gone very solid and crusty (as if the gel had been partly cured). So I tried to separate the brush hairs, using amy fingers and a pin to remove the clumps of gel, got it back to its relatively normal condition and then put it back into the start gel bottle to proceed to use, and it went solid again! I also tried using some erase solution to soak the brush but it just seems totally unsalveagable!

So, I have sweet breath colour, which is very opaque and almost clear. I thought I would use the brush from this to use with the start gel (after removing excess colour from that brush etc). However, the same thing has happened to this brush!

Can anyone help me? I have appointments mid week and next weekend so I am panicking like mad, as I really can't afford to order new. I haven't had any of my kit in the sunlight or left the tops open for long periods of time. I am baffled as the remaining 11 colours and my finish are all perfectly fine (I frantically checked them all). I bought the kit in november and my start gel is about half empty. The sweet breath colour has only been used 5 times.

Any help/advice appreciated! Thank you x

Hi,

I went to do my nails today and opened the start gel to find that the brush had gone very solid and crusty (as if the gel had been partly cured). So I tried to separate the brush hairs, using amy fingers and a pin to remove the clumps of gel, got it back to its relatively normal condition and then put it back into the start gel bottle to proceed to use, and it went solid again! I also tried using some erase solution to soak the brush but it just seems totally unsalveagable!

So, I have sweet breath colour, which is very opaque and almost clear. I thought I would use the brush from this to use with the start gel (after removing excess colour from that brush etc). However, the same thing has happened to this brush!

Can anyone help me? I have appointments mid week and next weekend so I am panicking like mad, as I really can't afford to order new. I haven't had any of my kit in the sunlight or left the tops open for long periods of time. I am baffled as the remaining 11 colours and my finish are all perfectly fine (I frantically checked them all). I bought the kit in november and my start gel is about half empty. The sweet breath colour has only been used 5 times.

Any help/advice appreciated! Thank you x

Give Harmony a call, they are very helpful.

Thanks, but harmony are gelish? Think I'll call jessica, I really hope they can help me :(

Garrard International (jessica) aren't open again until Monday! Really panicking, do I cancel my appointments now? I have wrapped the bottles up with cling film and I am leaving the brushes out for now.

If you have a rep, contact them ASAP. If not don't cancel the app just yet. Gerrard have excellent customer care. If you phone them Monday 09:00 I'm sure you'd have an answer or replacement by Tuesday.

Good Luck.

P x

That's awful hun. I use geleration and am scared of this happening now!! Can I ask you were and how were your products stored? I mean in a box or out on a side and were they in direct sunlight at all? Have you tried soaking a lint free wipe in clarify and wiping that on the brush? You poor thing x

It seems like it has cured inside the bottle somehow if you keep wiping the brushes and Everytime you put it in the bottle it happens.

Have you kept it in front of the lamp at any time? A good tip is to switch all lights off in the room and switch your lamp on and see how far the light travels. And make sure you aren't leaving your polish in the light :)

I would also contact Jessica and see what they say.

Latest posts

Back