Gelicure/gel overlays...help, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misslatham

Reaction score
Ladies can i ask your hobest opinion pls, im a Skin pro not a Nail pro but wanted your thoughts...

I went to a new salon last week to have my acrylics removed and Gelicure applied onto my natural nails. I asked her if the gelicure would make my nails 'hard' as they were very soft and splitting already, she said yes, but they weren't really.

Well of course a few of my nails have split completely and the gelicure is ruined. I rang the salon back and told them and she said come back and they'll do gel overlays for only £10.

I just feel a bit like they've wasted my time and for the money i've paid i could of had a fresh set to start with, surely the nail tech should have seen my soft nails and told me Gelicure would have been pointless?? Am i being a grouch lol x

Hello :)

Gelicure does not make nails "hard". It strengthens them to an extent, but they're still flexible.

The nail tech shouldn't have recommended Gelicure for the result in which you wanted your nails. I would call her back and tell her that you're not happy, and it's not what you wanted. After all, it's our job to recommend the best thing for different types of nails...

Good luck :) xx

Ladies can i ask your hobest opinion pls, im a Skin pro not a Nail pro but wanted your thoughts...

I went to a new salon last week to have my acrylics removed and Gelicure applied onto my natural nails. I asked her if the gelicure would make my nails 'hard' as they were very soft and splitting already, she said yes, but they weren't really.

Well of course a few of my nails have split completely and the gelicure is ruined. I rang the salon back and told them and she said come back and they'll do gel overlays for only £10.

I just feel a bit like they've wasted my time and for the money i've paid i could of had a fresh set to start with, surely the nail tech should have seen my soft nails and told me Gelicure would have been pointless?? Am i being a grouch lol x

It would have made them a little stronger than with nothing at all but no where near as strong as acrylic.
Gelicure is a gel polish so much more like a longer wearing polish.

If you are used to having acrylic & want to convert to gel polish you are best to wear your nails a lot shorter.

Gelicure also do a soak off strengthening gel which could be used underneath for a little more strength, as do Gelish but it still is not the strength of L&P.

Had your natural nails been thinned at all for having the L&P applied?
Some cheap brands require you to etch the natural nail a lot to get it to adhere (this is very much the case with ones containing MMA :eek::eek:)

Basically iv had acrylic for years but id like to grow my own nails. They have grown to a perfect length under the acrylic but obviously they are very soft. I've never had gel or gelicure so I went on what I was advised, which seems to be wrong :( would gel overlays sort me out then? Xx

Latest posts

Back