Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzed_Beauty

Reaction score
Hey geeks

Just wondered if any of you use Gelicure and what you think of it. I'm currently using mani-q but find their colours are quite limited. I'm loving the sparkly colours with Gelicure but thought id get some feedback before buying!!

Thanks xx

I am currently just about to start offering Gelicure as a treatment. Whilst i have been doing practice sets on family and friends i have to say i love the colours, it is now easy to work with and the end results are fabulous! High shine 24 hours a day! Easy to remove and doesn't damage the natural nail as there is no need to buff! I also use the nubar polishes and love them too! Take a look on www.palmsextra.com!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Sorry i meant to say no buffing before application, but on removal, the top coat is ever so slightly broken so the removal works properly.

Thank you! Just a quick one, when u say no buffing before application, are you still removing the shine??

I personally don't remove the shine no. I was told you don't remove the shine. Have you heard you do?

I was taught that u need to remove the shine with colour gel. But I will do some more research before getting my gelicure! Thanks

Hi. I am new to Gelicure also. I have been using Shellac and will continue to do so alongside Gelicure. After trialling on clients that cant wear Shellac due to weak peeling nails (that includes myself) I am pleased with the results and am getting around 20 days wear. I have also tried removal with no problems and in fills that have also worked really well. I had one nail done at Gmex that lasted over 3 weeks - it was one of the glitters. I have removed the shine ever so gently using my CND Koala buffer on a couple of clients and not on others but it doesn't seem to make much difference to how long it lasts. I only have four colours but will be ordering more very soon.

Thanks. I will try both ways on a couple of friends and see how I go. If I don't need to remove the shine I will also save me time which is an added bonus! Xx

I love it, the glitters are fab.
No need to buff 1st x

I have been using Gelicure for about 5 months now. I have every colour (apart from one green). I just love it and so do my clients. It totally transformed my business.

I personally do not buff the natural nail. It applies really easily and removes really easily. As per my training, I do one application, one infill and then a removal and re-application. This limits the amount of acetone exposure for my clients and works perfectly.

I did a lot of personal research and testing before I opted for Gelicure and I know I made the right decision. My second choice was Gelish. I have now added Gelish to my services to increase colour range - I'm loving the Gelish too!

JuicyLucy what colours do you recommend for clients that like pale/nude nails? Do you apply & remove Gelish the same as Gelicure. Thanks :)

JuicyLucy what colours do you recommend for clients that like pale/nude nails? Do you apply & remove Gelish the same as Gelicure. Thanks :)

Sweet Dreams is the nearest Gelicure colour to a nude. I have hardly any clients who like pale nails - they all want dark and short these days. I haven't got a nude colour in Gelish.

The two products are similar to apply apart from:

Gelicure has a dehydrator (Prep No. 1) and a sticky bonder coat for the free edge (Prep No. 2) - Gelish only has a dehydrator.

Gelicure basecoat requires a 30 second LED cure and Gelish basecoat requires 10 second LED cure.

Gelish basecoat (once cured) requires dry brushing, Gelicure doesn't.

Gelicure colour coats can be cured in 10 seconds with an LED. Gelish colour coats 30 seconds LED.

Both topcoats are 30 second LED cure. They both remove easily and in exactly the same way.

I originally opted for Gelicure over Gelish (and all other systems) partly because of the infill posibilities mentioned by Nubar when I was doing my research. However, I now read that infills are also possible with Gelish - happy days! With both only one infill is recommended but it does reduce the acetone exposure to your clients.

I love using both systems and I don't see a difference in wear on my clients between the two brands. Both are fab!

I bought Gelicure at Olympia (I was looking for Young Nails - ManiQ but they weren't at the show)

I have been very pleased with it all round. They also do a soak off like Gelish Structure which is great for extending a little.

I have been very pleased with it all round. They also do a soak off like Gelish Structure which is great for extending a little.

I didn't know about this, I will have to take a look. I have just bought Gelish LED Hard Gel, but I wanted a soak off really.

I'd like to ask how u all remove ur Gelicure as after speaking with a trainer I am doing everything correct and the buggers just do not shift I have had to resort to buffing off!!!!!!!! After nearly half hour 40mins of soaking it barely peals! I just don't get it!!!! :(
Otherwise I think it's awesome!

I'd like to ask how u all remove ur Gelicure as after speaking with a trainer I am doing everything correct and the buggers just do not shift I have had to resort to buffing off!!!!!!!! After nearly half hour 40mins of soaking it barely peals! I just don't get it!!!! :(
Otherwise I think it's awesome!

Are you applying No. 2 Prep to the whole nail? If so it will be difficult to remove. Also, I think over soaking can make the product harder to remove for some reason.

1, Buff off the topcoat (until you hit colour) on your first nail.
2. Soak a small piece of cotton wool in Acetone (you can use product removers)
3. Wrap in foil
4. Move to the next finger and work on one finger in total at a time.
5. By the time you have finished all 10 fingers, the first will be ready to remove.
6. Twist the wrap on the first finger and gently push product off with a cuticle stick.
7. Pep 1st nail and move on to the next.

I actually have the first hand in the lamp while I am removing the product and wraps from the second. By the time the first hand is totally done. I am ready to start painting the second. I can remove and reapply in 50 minutes.

Last edited:
I use prep 2 on edges and free edge only and use acetone, have tried non-acetone too but tbh neither worked!!!
I buff enough top coat sometime a bit of colour to be sure but still no shifting on any finger! I really don't get it I'm doing all u have listed!

I only use Prep No. 2 on the free edge. I do this removal procedure around 30 times a week and it never fails or takes me any longer. If you are saying you do everything the same, I don't know what to suggest. The product is often almost standing up when I remove the wraps!

Could it be I'm using normal tin foil not the wraps u can buy?
I will try only using step to on the free edge see if that makes a difference.
I take the shine off the natural nail too would that have anything to do with it as see ppl are saying u should t on this thread?

I didn't like the special foil wraps you can buy. I found them too small and expensive. I use hairdressing foil because it comes in perfect width rolls and in a box that allows you to tear off as much as you want at a time. Essentially, it is the same as normal foil, so I don't think this is your problem.

When I first started I used to take the shine off the natural nail and it didn't affect removal time.

Latest posts

Back