Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much! I'm booked in to do Gelicure course coz the salon I work in has this brands products. I think I will hold off buying any kits for my home salon until I'm comfortable applying and do a gel polish test with all the different brands like you have advised! :)

I also waited till I went to Olympia & tested a different gel polish on each finger before choosing which one to go for.

I have & do still use Gelicure Gelish ACG & Bio Sculpture

Gelicure have some great colours with great coverage & some with not so good coverage but then so do Gelish.

Luscious marshmallow proving a big hit! :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381967894.634392.jpg

Got my gelicure kit today :) had a bit of a play on my own nails - really pleased so far.

Had problems with black shrinking until I gave the bottle a good shake!

p.s. love this thread, slowly reading my way through it.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382779635.023901.jpg

Up late swatching last night :D

Left to right :-

Blue Boost
Black layered with Electric Touch
Black
Black layered with Cherry Bomb
Lustful Red layered with Cherry Bomb
Grenadine
Lustful Red
A La Mode
Heartbreak
Bois De Rose
Romance layered with Electric Touch
Romance
Pharoah Purple

I need to add some more obscure colours to my kit - my mum asked for green!!

Anyone got some nice layering combinations?

View attachment 46303

Up late swatching last night :D

Left to right :-

Blue Boost
Black layered with Electric Touch
Black
Black layered with Cherry Bomb
Lustful Red layered with Cherry Bomb
Grenadine
Lustful Red
A La Mode
Heartbreak
Bois De Rose
Romance layered with Electric Touch
Romance
Pharoah Purple

I need to add some more obscure colours to my kit - my mum asked for green!!

Anyone got some nice layering combinations?

I love Electric Touch, it changes so many colours. Especially the dark ones.

Anyone do / done matt effect with shinny tips with Gelicure before?

Anyone do / done matt effect with shinny tips with Gelicure before?

I'm not sure how to do it as there isn't a gelicure matte, can you put an ordinary matte nail polish over the top coat?

Hi is anyone else having problems with Gelicure hardening in the bottle? My client chose Purple crazy yesterday I came to apply it and noticed hard pieces in it. This isn't the only one, it's the same with bon appetite. My colours aren't exposed to sunlight or heat. They are in my case ready for my next client. It looks like pink lily has gone off its gone an orange/cream colour. Anyone else had this?

Hasn't happened to mine.

Tell me where do you store your bottles and did you buy from one of the official suppliers?

Has anyone any pictures of marshmallow sounds lovely?

I do Matt effect by doing two top coat then buffing the second one with a blunt white block but when ever I do the top coat as a tip to be shinny it doesn't set properly on all fingers???? Don't know why??? Have attached pics....
Matt plain
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382896720.262763.jpg
With tips but as u can see didn't cute properly???
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382896733.656005.jpg

Does anyone have the gelicure glitters? Which ones do you recommend?

I've got cherry bomb, which I LOVE. Thinking about getting gold fountain and silver waterfall too.

I have quite a few of the gelicure glitters and I find if I turn the bottle upside down whilst I'm preparing the nails for it, the colour comes out a lot better as the glitter can settle at the bottom of the bottle.

Im starting to hate doing gelicure!

It doesn't seem to be lasting I'm really fed up with it

Is it possible that over time the gel in colours can stop working? lol sounds crazy

I just cant figure what could be wrong

The reds are a nightmare they just don't seem to last well and sometimes they don't even take well

Ive changed everything and even yesterday had a woman come back after 6 days - the black had slid of 4 of her fingers on her right hand????

of all times of the year and ive changed everything lamps base coats top coats etc

tried shaking bottles not shaking turning up side down wiping off sticky coat on base layer not wiping it off double top coats single top coats blah blah blah

ahhhh doing my head in!!!

newer colours eg panama purple seem to work and last better

am I alone in this?

No idea but that doesn't sound good. How old are the colours you're having problems with? Maybe speak to palms / your distributor?

I've had Lustful red on for almost 2 weeks and apart from one that chipped because I broke it, the rest is still perfect. My colours are all over a year old.

What I have found though is the clear in sparkler has turned yellow! So that's annoying.

No idea but that doesn't sound good. How old are the colours you're having problems with? Maybe speak to palms / your distributor?

I've had Lustful red on for almost 2 weeks and apart from one that chipped because I broke it, the rest is still perfect. My colours are all over a year old.

What I have found though is the clear in sparkler has turned yellow! So that's annoying.

thanks for the reply - god I wonder what it is soooo frustrating

Any of you ladies use a gelish led lamp with your gelicure?

Hi need some re nail art, currently I am doing all my nail art with my Gelicure, can I use Accrylic paint on top of the top coat ? If so do you put Gelicure top coat on again or just a normal top coat? Thanks x

Hi need some re nail art, currently I am doing all my nail art with my Gelicure, can I use Accrylic paint on top of the top coat ? If so do you put Gelicure top coat on again or just a normal top coat? Thanks x
I do it on top of topcoat then re topcoat.

I do it on top of topcoat then re topcoat.

Thanks, do you use Gelicure top coat again or normal varnish top coat? X

Latest posts

Back