Gelicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I use Gelicure all the time and I noticed that my Purple Crazy had bits in it to I had to keep picking them out of the brush, I've no idea why this happened but I see I'm not the only nail tech with this problem :(

Hi I use Gelicure all the time and I noticed that my Purple Crazy had bits in it to I had to keep picking them out of the brush, I've no idea why this happened but I see I'm not the only nail tech with this problem :(

Don't know if this helps but...

I wipe the top of the bottle before putting the brush back in so as to stop any bits that may have cured on the outside of the neck getting in.

What lamp does everyone use with their gelicure?

What lamp does everyone use with their gelicure?

I use the uv lamp that palms sell. On myself only I use a cheapy led. It's so much quicker that as soon as I have some cash, I wanna buy a professional led lamp!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

When I asked them they said as long as 36 watt lamp it's fine

I use the uv lamp that palms sell. On myself only I use a cheapy led. It's so much quicker that as soon as I have some cash, I wanna buy a professional led lamp!!

thanks for reply, is it any different to the 36w ones you get on ebay?

thanks for reply, is it any different to the 36w ones you get on ebay?
I wouldn't like to say because I'd never buy one off ebay for the salon. You have no comeback or guarantee if there's a problem as it's not a professional product.

Nubar do say you can use any 36w lamp, but I'd buy one from a beauty supplier not ebay!

Hi, hope this hasn't been answered already but I've just got my starter kit. What do you do with step 1&2 not got the course until end of March and can't wait that long to try out!!! (Only on myself!) xx

Hi, hope this hasn't been answered already but I've just got my starter kit. What do you do with step 1&2 not got the course until end of March and can't wait that long to try out!!! (Only on myself!) xx

Step one is your dehydrator. Apply a thin layer to all nails after prepping and thoroughly cleansing the mails.

Step 2 is primer. Kind of acts like glue. I almost NEVER use this, unless I'm doing the nails of someone who struggles to keep it on (like my own!!) Step 2 makes removal more difficult so I'd advise against putting it all over the nail. I just do a very thin line on the tip (like doing french).

Enjoy your training. .. where you doing it? X

Hi I am thinking of buying one of the gelicure starter kits, can anyone tell me if they come with complete instructions also I see many of you seem to have problems with the gel either not covering nail properly or staining, not having experience with any other gel polishes would you recommend this gel or should I look around. I have read up on most of the others available but do like the sound of Gelicure and love nubar polishes so hoping that the gel is just as good. I am fully trained and also trained with Calgel but looking for a gel polish to offer for when I start my mobile business.

Hi I am thinking of buying one of the gelicure starter kits, can anyone tell me if they come with complete instructions also I see many of you seem to have problems with the gel either not covering nail properly or staining, not having experience with any other gel polishes would you recommend this gel or should I look around. I have read up on most of the others available but do like the sound of Gelicure and love nubar polishes so hoping that the gel is just as good. I am fully trained and also trained with Calgel but looking for a gel polish to offer for when I start my mobile business.

I love the coverage on most of my Gelicure colours.

The only staining I had is with a couple. Bois De Rose being one which was a real shame as it is a stunning pink that doesn't fade.....like a lot of Gelish pinks!

The slight staining isn't a problem unless they go for French afterwards & even then it comes off with a VERY LIGHT buff.

The other thing I like about Gelicure is they do matching MINI polishes which is perfect as most people only want the polish incase of a mishap so the big bottles never get used up before going too thick & gloopy for them to use, plus the mini's are cheaper for them to buy.

Last edited:
Hi been reading through the thread and thinking of ordering the kit with 12 colours, thing is can anyone recommend which colours are most popular as I am only in the process of getting everything together so dont yet have a client base. I just dont want to start advertising and not have any gel polishes. I know I would need a good french colour but as for the rest not to sure, a red, pink maybe black ???????? any advice please. What colours are best left alone for now ?????

Hi been reading through the thread and thinking of ordering the kit with 12 colours, thing is can anyone recommend which colours are most popular as I am only in the process of getting everything together so dont yet have a client base. I just dont want to start advertising and not have any gel polishes. I know I would need a good french colour but as for the rest not to sure, a red, pink maybe black ???????? any advice please. What colours are best left alone for now ?????

A la mode, heartbreak, rad raspberry, aubergine. honeysuckle, toga purple, purple power, grape, strawberry, panama purple, and torrid red would be my most popular colours

I'm thinking of adding one of the newer nude colours has anyone any recommendations for whats popular and is a good pigmented one?

A la mode, heartbreak, rad raspberry, aubergine. honeysuckle, toga purple, purple power, grape, strawberry, panama purple, and torrid red would be my most popular colours

I'm thinking of adding one of the newer nude colours has anyone any recommendations for whats popular and is a good pigmented one?

Do you find your Rad Raspberry a slightly different consistency that the others?
ie. slightly gloopy?

Most popular

A La Mode, Electric Touch, Grenadine, Aubergine, Victorian Teal, Lustful Red

Thankyou for some ideas on colours, I received a couple the other day but have staining around my nail fold from where I soaked the gel off, which is still there two days later, must be honest it has turned me off a bit as I would be worried if it happened on a client. But will try the other colours I have this time on my toes lol.

Most popular

A La Mode, Electric Touch, Grenadine, Aubergine, Victorian Teal, Lustful Red

thankyou for ideas on colours, I have staining from one that I have used over the last few days on the skin fold edge of nail, still there after a couple of days, this has put me of a bit would feel real bad if it was a clients nail, will try some the other colours I have on my toes this time and see what happens.

Do you find your Rad Raspberry a slightly different consistency that the others?
ie. slightly gloopy?

hey no actually its always been one of my ones that didn't give me problems

I had a bit of a crisis with gelicure - had to send back colours as they were a night mare

and eventually the rep came out to examine things to see what was going on

since that its been brilliant doing what it should and customers are getting 3 weeks out if it

im slowly starting to like it again lol

have you tried the nudes?

hey no actually its always been one of my ones that didn't give me problems

I had a bit of a crisis with gelicure - had to send back colours as they were a night mare

and eventually the rep came out to examine things to see what was going on

since that its been brilliant doing what it should and customers are getting 3 weeks out if it

im slowly starting to like it again lol

have you tried the nudes?

I have Mon petite but it is something of nothing, too pale a pink.

thankyou for ideas on colours, I have staining from one that I have used over the last few days on the skin fold edge of nail, still there after a couple of days, this has put me of a bit would feel real bad if it was a clients nail, will try some the other colours I have on my toes this time and see what happens.

Which one stained?

Latest posts

Back