Gelish 18g lamp getting hot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckylegs

Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my first post on here even though I am on here all the time reading and picking up hints and tips. However I have a quick question. I invested in the 18g Nail Harmony Gelish Lamp in March at the show but a few of my clients have said it gets so hot that one or two have had to remove their hands then put them back in. I have felt it get warm but not so hot that I have to take my hands out. Can anyone tell me why its doing this please? Thanks:rolleyes:

Sounds like there getting a heat spike, could be that there nails are thin or the product is too thickly applied. Tell then to tap there fingers repeatedly this should make it disappear

Oh ok, thanks. I know my clients nails arent thin so maybe im applying the Gelish a bit too thick. Ill try to make it even thinner:biggrin:

Hi everyone this is my first post on here even though I am on here all the time reading and picking up hints and tips. However I have a quick question. I invested in the 18g Nail Harmony Gelish Lamp in March at the show but a few of my clients have said it gets so hot that one or two have had to remove their hands then put them back in. I have felt it get warm but not so hot that I have to take my hands out. Can anyone tell me why its doing this please? Thanks:rolleyes:

Heat spike is not good as it means you are burning the nail bed.

Which Harmony gel are you using? are you using GHG & could it be the gel is too thick.
If Gelish soak off is it the structure layer that is too thick?

Give Harmony a call they are very helpful. Let us know how you get on as i'm hoping to get that lamp at the next show.x

Heat spike is not good as it means you are burning the nail bed.

Which Harmony gel are you using? are you using GHG & could it be the gel is too thick.
If Gelish soak off is it the structure layer that is too thick?

Give Harmony a call they are very helpful. Let us know how you get on as i'm hoping to get that lamp at the next show.x

I have the lamp Pooh8bear and I get on really well with it, I have experienced heat spikes myself but it is only if ive applied my structure too thick, ive never had a client complain x

No its not GHG just Gelish Soak Off. I have been using it for almost two years now and have never had a problem before with my UV lamp. I was doing the french white when my client said it was too hot so im thinking it was too thick. I do struggle a bit with getting it right as if its too thin its not an even application but too thick and it doesnt cure properly, and can have hairlines cracks after a few days. Ill give HQ a call when I get a chance and let you know what they say.

Latest posts

Back