Gelish 18g lamp problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjs78

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced problems with the 18g lamp from nail harmony? I use it very little, at most twice a week but the last two times I've used it the gel is shrinking back and the sensor has stopped working, so I'm manually pressing the timer. I'm wondering if it could be the sensor affecting lights maybe and that's why it's not curing properly?

It's only just out of its warranty too, by days :-(

Have you looked inside the lamp to see if there is gel over the LEDs some of my clients always seem to get it in the lamp... Shrinking back could be down to the colours too as some do this if they are a little thick, failing that I would call up Harmony and ask for advice the lamps are not cheap so they maybe able to have it looked at for you :) x

Thanks for your help :) There's no gel on the lights, but when I looked it did smell like it could be overheating, although it may always smell like this after use as I don't normally turn it upside down for a look. I have phoned harmony and waiting for someone to phone me back now :)

Hi, Try unplugging the lamp and plugging it back in again from the back of the unit.

It sounds like you have disabled the automatic sensor x

Hi, Try unplugging the lamp and plugging it back in again from the back of the unit.

It sounds like you have disabled the automatic sensor x

I did this once .... nearly cried thinking i'd broken it !!

As for the warranty .... i'd just ask them anyways, you never know they might be able to look at it for a small charge should you be having issues further than turning the auto sensor off.

My screen often goes blank. I just pull the lead out the back and replug and it comes back on again x

I even sent mine back to be tested, wasted about £11 postage just for it to be sent back to me a week later saying there's nothing wrong with it. X

Try pulling out the wire when the lamp is on. When the sensor it working and if you pull out the wire, it de-activates the sensor meaning you need to manually press the timer for it to work. Also if the sensor is de-activated and you pull out the lead, it re-activates the sensor.

I hope that makes sense lol!:lol:

Thanks for advice, sensor is now working again so it was deactivated :)
Does anyone else's lamp feel warm you touch after use and smell 'warm'? Worried mine may be overheating. Although I do let the client rest their hand on the top of the lamp as I paint, could this be causing it?
Also still a little puzzled as to why the gel keeps shrinking in colours that didn't use to shrink but I'll keep going with that.

Latest posts

Back