Gelish 18G versus cheaper lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inti

Reaction score
I have a very old Gelish 6G lamp, which still works great, but does not take a full hand. As the Gelish 18G lamp is rather expensive, I was considering going for one of the cheaper options online. Does anyone know if they are much slower to cure. For example the Mylee Pro or the LKE Sun? I would like to have a lamp that take the whole hand to save some time, but if you need to cure each layer longer, then I may as well stick with what I have or bite the bullet and buy the expensive Gelish 18G one. Some advice would be appreciated.

I have a very old Gelish 6G lamp, which still works great, but does not take a full hand. As the Gelish 18G lamp is rather expensive, I was considering going for one of the cheaper options online. Does anyone know if they are much slower to cure. For example the Mylee Pro or the LKE Sun? I would like to have a lamp that take the whole hand to save some time, but if you need to cure each layer longer, then I may as well stick with what I have or bite the bullet and buy the expensive Gelish 18G one. Some advice would be appreciated.

Please read through the thread pinned to the top of the Nail forum (and linked below), which provides you with extremely useful and important information concerning curing lamps:

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/u...-just-won’t-do-updated-september-2019.323988/

Thank you. That is very helpful.

I would recommend a high-quality lamp. I've seen too many people walk in and say their bulb go out or something along the line of it, not working. A nice one I see many people use is Kiara sky.

Thanks all. Bit the bullet and ordered the Gelish one.

I would recommend a high-quality lamp. I've seen too many people walk in and say their bulb go out or something along the line of it, not working. A nice one I see many people use is Kiara sky.

We don’t recommend using a generic lamp as it won’t cure the product adequately and that can lead to lifelong allergies.

Latest posts

Back