Gelish aftercare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchie13

Reaction score
Hi All I am new to this so please bear with me as my question may have already been asked and answered loads of times, but here goes. I have a few clients that are complaining of their nails breaking or being thinner after the Gelish has been removed. Has anyone else had this and if so have you an answer or a product that can help. I am using all Gelish products for removal so not sure if I am doing something wrong or is that just a side effect of Gel Polish????

Thanking you in advance :D

I use Gelicure and have never found this. You say you are using the brand's product remover?
Are they using solar oil or cuticle oil twice a day?
How long do you soak the nails for and what it your soak off procedure? X x

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Also do you buff the nails before application? Not sure if you do with gelish? If you buff the nails incorrectly, this can cause nails to thin dramatically as you are buffing layers down too much!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Are they growing their nails beyond what the cut off point for them is? Therefore risking the break once the Gelish isn't there anymore?

Are they used to how the Gelish feels whilst it's on, therefore thinking that their nails feel thinner when it's off? I'm so used to wearing either Shellac or Gelish now, that when I remove it I forget how my nails really feel in their naked state along the free edge. At first I thought mine felt thin, now I know it's just me thinking this.

Hi Guys. thanks for your feed back. Yes frankie91 I am following exact instructions given at training and while I do buff I do if very gently to avoid lifting a layer off the natural nail. I asked if they were using the cuticle oil and they said yes although to be honest I dont think this is the case as they were not using any oil before they came to me..... I think I shall have to be more clear in my aftercare instructions and it could be that what nicole333 has said in that it might be that there nails are appearing thinner after the Gelish has come off.

Are they used to how the Gelish feels whilst it's on, therefore thinking that their nails feel thinner when it's off? I'm so used to wearing either Shellac or Gelish now, that when I remove it I forget how my nails really feel in their naked state along the free edge. At first I thought mine felt thin, now I know it's just me thinking this.

This is exactly how mine feel also!! It's a strange, it really does feel like they are "naked" Lol

Are they growing their nails beyond what the cut off point for them is? Therefore risking the break once the Gelish isn't there anymore?

mine feel naked too! Its a very odd feeling. lol

I would bet its due to this and also not using oil. When I dont use oil, I can really tell when I remove my Gelish, my nails feel dry and not great. But if I use oil, even once a day before bed, they're alot better after removal.
xx

Latest posts

Back