Gelish alternative to Shellac Tropix, non fading?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
Hi I have always stocked shellac Tropix ,
(coral)which clients love but I don't feel confident giving them this for holidays as it "can" fade on some people.
I also stock gelish so would like a similar colour for such clients, Is "Passion" the best match and does anyone know if it fades at all? Or should I opt for a more recent similar colour?

Wow tropix fades? I've never had it fade and even when I was abroad last year it didn't fade on nails or toes and hasnt ever on a client and in the summer it's a hot colour to pick, maybe you had a odd bottle??

I'm wearing Passion now (also have Vinylux Tropix) and yes they are very close in colour, so I would go with that. I've never had a problem with Passion fading, I think it's the lighter pinks/purples that have 'issues'. x

Wow tropix fades? I've never had it fade and even when I was abroad last year it didn't fade on nails or toes and hasnt ever on a client and in the summer it's a hot colour to pick, maybe you had a odd bottle??

Most of my clients have not had fading but one did come back with it still on her toes after a holiday abroad and it had faded badly. So for me one client is one too many to take the risk. I will continue to use it but would like an alternative just for people going abroad.

I'm wearing Passion now (also have Vinylux Tropix) and yes they are very close in colour, so I would go with that. I've never had a problem with Passion fading, I think it's the lighter pinks/purples that have 'issues'. x

Thanks for this, helps a lot. x

Latest posts

Back