Gelish and Mica powders or Additives?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
I have used the mica powders on a client twice now and once on myself. The first time I layered a yellow over the whole nail over wheel white, added a coat of tassles and then did French tips with I'm brighter than you (the client asked for sunflower nails lol), then too, these lasted over three weeks and stayed perfect.

On her return she went for another mica powder, rose gold this time, I applied it the same except this time she didn't have French tips, just a layer of tassles and then two top coats. She text me the next day to say they were lifting at the tips? I had done my own a few days before and they had also started to show signs of lifting at the tips not as bad as hers thjough but mine only lasted about a week and I had to remove them.

Has anyone got any ideas on this and does anyone have any success with the mica powders lasting with gelish, not just used for fades but whole colours? If so what is your procedure?

Has anyone tried the cnd additives with gelish and found that these work better?

Sorry for long post but I really love the idea of using mica/additives to over different colour options and just wonder if maybe the additives are a better bet? Or do they only work with shellac? x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

I'd love to know the answers to this too :)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone ?

I use the ones from The colour shack.

They are amazing :)

I have pink pigment with black shadow gelish at the mo. which has made a bluey / purple colour.

I do all normal gelish application then apply pigment in tacky layer making sure I cap free edge with pigment to then make sure I cap free edge with TIO. X

www.facebook.com/BootyliciousOxford

Honestly I think you should play with Additives and see how it works for you. I love them! I also offer odor free OPI Clarite for the clients that cant deal with strong smells and I have used Additives with their powders with success and I think they would work on any brand beautifully. Another tip to keep in mind, you need the teeny tiniest amount of additives. I am wondering if you maybe used more than necessary of the Mica powder and maybe its why you had issues. Just fuessing, right

I seal additives or mica powders with simply Simply Sheer when using Gelish and clearly pink when using Shellac and then top coat, I find it gives a little more protection to the free edge when using full coverage, and seal well.

I used tassles to seal and then two top coats. Maybe I did use too much powder, as there was quite a lot to Brush away, I'll try again on myself x

I used tassles to seal and then two top coats. Maybe I did use too much powder, as there was quite a lot to Brush away, I'll try again on myself x

The most common mistake while using addditives/mica powders is using to much of them. ;-)

Don't forget about harmonys own "additives" can't wait to get me some of those! Perhaps they will take the guess work pig of it for you??

I didn't know harmony were bringing any out! Can't wait for them then :) x

Reflections of harmony have a look on the web they aren't new- and I believe could be used with all systems. Saying that there is something nail art wise coming with all that jazz I'm certain of it ❤❤

My bad just had a look 2/4 listed as acrylic powders- ill quiz up my educator on training with them next week, saw them recently and sure ladies said can use in Gelish xx

Latest posts

Back