Gelish and soak off gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgriff

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I'm looking for a definitive answer as I am getting very confused with all the diferent products! I'd there a huge difference between a product like Gelish and a soft soak off gel?

Thanks
Karen

Gelish- is a gel polish, which you can soak off. It acts like a gel but is applied like a polish. Ideal for strong nails.

Gel- i'll talk about my gel, Bio sculpture. You have different base costs, different top coats so you can cater to strong & weak nails alike. You can also extend with bio sculpture. As well as adding colour. It also soaks off. It is in little pots, & you need a separate brush to apply.

Xx

Thank you for your reply, do you do a lot of bio sculpture? I'm wondering if I should be offering a gel polish and a service like bio sculpture? Confused.com!!!

I do, but I dont offer a gel polish. I find that bio is an all in one really, suits all nails (with different gel combinations) & you can extend.

Most of my ladies have had a gel polish but it hasnt suited their nails they then come for Bio.

I am tempted by the buzz around gel polishes... To offer alongside, & if It doesnt suit some I can always convert them to Bio!

Xx

Steph86 I'm on the same sort of predicament I have gelish and progel gel polishes but am wondering whether to train in bio sculpture too then have the extension side of it too but wondering if it would be a waste of money x
sorry to have jumped in on thread xx

Steph86 I'm on the same sort of predicament I have gelish and progel gel polishes but am wondering whether to train in bio sculpture too then have the extension side of it too but wondering if it would be a waste of money x
sorry to have jumped in on thread xx

No its good, especially so you dont have to cut a clients nails down if one has broken, you can just sculpt the length. Plus you can do a full set of enhancements, & the ladies who gel polish doesnt last on, you can use a different combination of bio gels so they get an overlay that lasts :)

But I guess that depends on if you can get the demand for enhancements.

Mine is mainly overlays with the odd sculpt repair as & when needed.
xx

mmm might be good for my mother in law. She had an accident over a year ago involving her hand and had a surgery on it. Since then her usually gorgeous long nails have been breaking and splitting etc which I put down to the trauma. So this would be great for her as its usually 1 or 2 that break and we have to take them all back which is infuriating her as she is one of those older ladies that doesn't feel dressed unless her nails are done and she absolutely loved the gelish

steph86 that's the problem I've not had many people ask for gel extensions I have private messaged you hun hope you don't mind x

steph86 that's the problem I've not had many people ask for gel extensions I have private messaged you hun hope you don't mind x

No problem il check it now 😊 xx

Latest posts

Back