Quantcast

Gelish and sun cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

nail angel 67

Reaction score
Just had a conversation with someone today who says that Shellac doesn't react so well to sun cream as it causes peeling. Is this correct? I actually use Gelish so I really need to know (before the summer season begins) if this is the case with Gelish at all.

I used to use Bio Sculpture and I know there was definitely a problem with sun cream causes their gel to peel so they bought out a new gel to layer on the top to eradicate the problem.

Can this be the case with Gelish?

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
I know that deet (insect repellent) that is often used in sunscreen or after sun lotion can affect all enhancements. So I would presume this would be applicable to gel manicures too.

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

pipsqueak

Reaction score
I have personally not had problems with either Bio or Gelish and suncream, but I do always wipe my nails on towel after applying and pass this advice onto clients.

Insect Repellant is a nightmare - takes the shine right off making nails look dull - wash hands right after applying and if they do go dull use a clear varnish to replace shine.

Jo xx

Just had a conversation with someone today who says that Shellac doesn't react so well to sun cream as it causes peeling. Is this correct? I actually use Gelish so I really need to know (before the summer season begins) if this is the case with Gelish at all.

I used to use Bio Sculpture and I know there was definitely a problem with sun cream causes their gel to peel so they bought out a new gel to layer on the top to eradicate the problem.

Can this be the case with Gelish?

nail angel 67

Reaction score
OK thanks a lot - that puts my mind at ease a bit x

Latest posts