Gelish and tape?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megfar33

Reaction score
Hey all. Was wondering what you all use as tape to tape off sections of your nails for the colours when using gelish? Whatever I seem to use it always seeps underneath even if I put a little amount of polish on my brush. I hope this makes sense :)

Basically similar ideas to this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 216
Hi

If I was doing this sort of look, I would do the 2 base colours on top half and bottom half of nail, then when both cured, do the black and then with a brush dipped in disperse (I use shellac but same principle) tidy the blacks sides till neat then cure, the topcoat.

Just my way, hope it helps :)

Hi

If I was doing this sort of look, I would do the 2 base colours on top half and bottom half of nail, then when both cured, do the black and then with a brush dipped in disperse (I use shellac but same principle) tidy the blacks sides till neat then cure, the topcoat.

Just my way, hope it helps :)

That does! I never actually thought of that lol. Jut assumed to use tape. Thankyou Maz!! :)

I wonder if there's a special tapes I Can use. I wanna do cutouts. Please help

Dry brushing your base colour once cured will also help you to keep a nice clean crisp line when creating your other sections, x

I wonder if there's a special tapes I Can use. I wanna do cutouts. Please help

I've done tape manis over regular polish. I use scotch tape, the slightly frosty kind. Stick it to your palms a couple of times to remove some of the sticky layer, that way it wont pull anything up with it. The slight frostiness helps you to see whether you've fully stuck it down properly or not. Make sure you remove it as soon as you've applied the colour, don't wait for it to dry, that helps keep everything crisp. hth x

Thankyou ladies. I will test those ideas :)

Latest posts

Back