Gelish at sallys for sale to the public!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aromatherapy

Reaction score
I'm reading everywhere that gelish will now be sold at sallys beauty to the public and just wondering if this is really true and what do you guys think about it as professionals. I think it's appalling and demeaning to us professionals as we took the training for our tech courses,and are TRAINED PROPERLY. I feel sometimes my job is a losing battle,when the companies start selling to the public. I wish my job was taken seriously by people,because no we just don't paint nails,and no it's not an easy job!!:rolleyes:

I visited the Sallys near me yesterday and they have Gelish which one of the staff informed me wasnt selling well........
But when I opened an account with Sallys I was told that they are trade only now.
But I am wondering if we need to prove we can use Gelish before we buy it as I too am trained in Gelish.
A member of staff did say that she thought Gelish wasnt selling that well because of its cost and how much it would cost someone to set themselves up......... If I didnt know the wonders of Gelish then I could have been put off there and then........

I'm just concerned because here in canada all i had to do to get a sallys card was fill out a questionnaire with no proof that i was liscensed. so if im liscensed and didn't have to prove it then anybody can get a card and purchase gelish. Maybe they have changed the rules as I got my card over a yr ago,but it still concerns me

I opened my account about a month ago and had to show my manicure certificate. But what concerns me is that i can go into sallys as a nail tech but purchase shampoos etc. i can go into sally and buy gelish and all the kit and sell it to my friends, if i chose to, which i obviously wouldnt. but if i can do it then so can everyone else who visits sallys.
but i know without the course i recently done, even with reading the leaflets i wouldnt have been applying it properly from just reading the info that comes with the kit.

Nail Harmony have said that the agreement with Sallys/Salon Services is that Gelish will only be sold to professionals with trade cards.

Sallys split themselves in two earlier in the year and now have some stores that are trade only and some stores that will serve anyone. These are the stores that will be a problem but we have been assured that selling to the public in Sallys will not happen.

We will see!

i was in Sally's last week and saw the display. there were a couple of hairdressers by it discussing how to apply it and possibly offering it to their clients as 'its the same a shellac'. i didn't say anything, perhaps i should have

Nail Harmony have said that the agreement with Sallys/Salon Services is that Gelish will only be sold to professionals with trade cards.

Sallys split themselves in two earlier in the year and now have some stores that are trade only and some stores that will serve anyone. These are the stores that will be a problem but we have been assured that selling to the public in Sallys will not happen.

We will see!

That may be in the UK, but on this side--it is already for sale and it's to the public.

When I contacted my local Sally's here in Brandon, FL, they told me the same thing...Gelish will only be sold to licensed professionals. They don't have it in stock yet so it remains to be seen.

yup same here in canada, all the sally stores are open to the public,and when i go in there i hear all sorts of questions and all sorts of wrong answears but i just keep my mouth shut. hey if you want to try and tackle something on your own good on you,but in the long run you'll be the one screwing it up as you have had no proper training, then cuz karma is sweet you will come to me and ask me to rectify it and i will have the last laugh. When i was training to become an esthetician we learned all about diseases of the nail,bones in the face etc. it was as close to first yr medical school as you could get,its not just slapping on some product and sending the client away, i wish they would get that...

Its in our local branch of sallies (llandudno junction) I asked if it was being sold to everyone and was told no only nail pros.

tigi

Sounds pretty consistent as far as Gelish only being sold to pros. I hope it's true.

Ahh. but did you notice that they are "mini" bottles? Only .3 oz. for the colors and .75 oz on the TIO and Foundation. So, in reality--much more expensive. And if you were to buy it online and have it shipped to you--what would the VAT be?

Ahh. but did you notice that they are "mini" bottles? Only .3 oz. for the colors and .75 oz on the TIO and Foundation. So, in reality--much more expensive. And if you were to buy it online and have it shipped to you--what would the VAT be?

Ooh yes which makes them even more attractive to the DIYer.I don't think we have smaller bottles here yet but im sure they will come.
They do have Gelish in my Sallys and it is trade only.
I did say to the assistant would i have to bring my certificates in to purchase and she said 'your card is our assurance'so obviously anyone who has their card can buy them not just those with a manicure qualification.

Gelish is in my local sallys

That may be in the UK, but on this side--it is already for sale and it's to the public.

Doesn't surprise me one little bit. I knew this would happen. :cry:

Check out this ad on the website. It offers 2 prices--pro and non.

Nail Care & Nail Color

How sweet is this? All the criticism we took when we dared to say that Sallys would sell to the public! I suppose there will be some explanation for this as well! :irked:

i think Gelish US has well and truly gone over to the dark side :irked: the most we can hope over in the UK, is that the suppliers here dont follow!!

Latest posts

Back