Gelish at sallys for sale to the public!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I didn't miss read it , i am just rubbish at explaining myself ,
but It is misleading info from them !, its not wrong but it is wrong the way they have added the info to the site ...

on the Gelish mini site that bob posted Gelish Minis ,
the landing page that you first see is how to apply Gelish minis with the video that shows applying it with the strange little light , they call mini LED yet the video tells you cure for 1 min base 2-3 for color and 2 for top seems excessive with LED but this is the video instruction for Gelish minis with there light no mention of a pro LED that is faster ,
but then under the video on the same page! it says this ;

"New from Gelish® comes Mini Gelish® Color Gels. The gels come in an array of colors, apply like polish, with twist cap and applicator, but are cured in a LED lamp in 30 seconds or in two minutes in traditional UV lamps, just like gels. Gelish® stays on nails for three weeks with no chipping or peeling, and soak completely off in only 15 minutes"

Wow, that video is quite shocking, shame on Harmony for making it. Interesting that (on this board at least) Harmony have been telling us that even if they sell in Sally it will be for pros only. The video is very clearly aimed at the DIY market. It makes the brand look no better than Rio in Argos. Shame, shame, shame.

Has certainly knocked me off my fence !!!

Having watched the mini gelish video I think there are gong to be an awful lot of uncured pinkies out there!!! How on earth do you get all 4 fingers flat ina straight line under that lamp??
Still, not my problem as it is obviously not aimed at professional use!! :rolleyes:
I had wondered when the first Gel polish Rio kit would hit the market....but I didn't think Harmony woud beat them to it....a pre emptive strike maybe??

really disappointed:irked:

So am I!! VERY !!

Last edited:
At least I feel vindicated now! All the flippin' abuse that I took along with Theresa and some of the other girls.

I try to be fair and if I find a great product that I am using I will help it along but, and it's a big but, if something is altered in that product or the professionalism of the product put in jeopardy then you can be assured that I will speak up.

Gelish is still, as yet, a fabulous product but the Nail Harmony company has lost all integrity in my eyes. :cool:

All techs should Boycott Gelish.. Lol

:eek::eek:

Should , problem is with the amount of money most have Invested into the product techs will keep using it to see a return!

Even if they don't buy any more colors they will prob have to get more base /top coats before reaching the bottom of every bottle,

It's a shame there is no contract or legality to the fact they have lied several times; even their advertising says "professional use" and yet they are blatantly selling out!

Shame there is nothing in place to protect techs from companies doing this... Should be in the returns policy , Should be able to get refunds ... Then you would see alot of techs boycotting ....

Who knows though....maybe it's a reallllly cleaver game that no one has clocked yet?

I heard there was a trial time with Sallys if harmony didn't like how it was going after a while they would stop supplying them ....

Maybe the plan is to make more public aware and then dump Sallys , and drive the clients to the salons?
Double bluff , wishfull thinking ? Would be nice and about the only way harmony could even start to redeem themselves now lol

I believe you are right on the 'trial' period:green: with Sally's...and the fact that they have to 'stick to the rules' by supplying TRAINED pro's only. If anyone knows otherwise perhaps a mail to let Nail Harmony UK know your experiences would be really useful.

Just to add really....I can go any buy scissors....and Hair colourings from Sally's.

I'm not a qualified hairdresser. If i wanted a quick 'bodge up' I could probably 'have a go'.

I've been doing nails 8 years and i STILL cant get mine as perfect as i'd like them all the time so what end result is a novice going end up with?

Probably buy the kit and then give up anyway i'd imagine.

I dont have the kind of clients that would have the time or inclination to bother to go to Sally's and purchase the kit.

I dont really see it affecting me at all!

Some Sally's are able to offering training so should any one be interested (and have half a brain if they want to take it seriously) there is opportunity for them to attend a course.

Just my little bit of imput guys:hug:

Thanks

I believe you are right on the 'trial' period:green: with Sally's...and the fact that they have to 'stick to the rules' by supplying TRAINED pro's only. If anyone knows otherwise perhaps a mail to let Nail Harmony UK know your experiences would be really useful.

Just to add really....I can go any buy scissors....and Hair colourings from Sally's.

I'm not a qualified hairdresser. If i wanted a quick 'bodge up' I could probably 'have a go'.

Thanks

But that's exactly the point isn't it. A Sally Trade card does not mean you are a nail pro. So what am I to do if I am in Sallys and someone with a Trade card buys Gelish? Ask them what their qualifications are so that I can report it to Harmony? Not going to happen really is it?

I had been considering phasing out my gelish for a few other reasons but now i think my mind is made up.
Yes it is relatively easy for anyone to get professional products and there will always be DIY'ers, but Harmony is specifically targeting them with this mini "touch up" kit.
As a professional who has invested a lot of money in this product it just feels like a slap in the face:irked:

But that's exactly the point isn't it. A Sally Trade card does not mean you are a nail pro. So what am I to do if I am in Sallys and someone with a Trade card buys Gelish? Ask them what their qualifications are so that I can report it to Harmony? Not going to happen really is it?

The point I was making... was that I am of the 'understanding'...it can only be sold only to people with a sally trade card....not to the general public. Sorry if we have cross wires there.

Weather they are Hair/Skin/Nail pro's i've not idea weather Sallys catagorise the difference so maybe impossible to police that?

My point I really wanted to get across was that IF YOUR NOT TRAINED on how to use it....all your likely to end up with is a costly bodge job :D....at which point for the sake of ....cant put prices on... but however much a Gelish treatment is....most people just wouldnt bother. They would go and get it done professionally.

If we are 'clumping' it in the Rio brand. How many of your clients have bought any rio stuff and tried to do their own nails? NONE of mine.;)

Hope i'm coming over in the way intended:D again coming back to the hair...im a nail pro but i can buy hair stuff.....i could use it...but it aint gonna make me look like i just walked out of Vidal Sasoons now is it.

The point I was making... was that I am of the 'understanding'...it can only be sold only to people with a sally trade card....not to the general public. Sorry if we have cross wires there.

Weather they are Hair/Skin/Nail pro's i've not idea weather Sallys catagorise the difference so maybe impossible to police that?

My point I really wanted to get across was that IF YOUR NOT TRAINED on how to use it....all your likely to end up with is a costly bodge job :D....at which point for the sake of ....cant put prices on... but however much a Gelish treatment is....most people just wouldnt bother. They would go and get it done professionally.

If we are 'clumping' it in the Rio brand. How many of your clients have bought any rio stuff and tried to do their own nails? NONE of mine.;)

Hope i'm coming over in the way intended:D again coming back to the hair...im a nail pro but i can buy hair stuff.....i could use it...but it aint gonna make me look like i just walked out of Vidal Sasoons now is it.

No, Sallys do not categorize their Trade Cards, hence you and I are able to buy hair and beauty products if we want. So non-nail pros with a Trade Card would be able to buy.

More disturbing than that, is the fact that Harmony themselves have made a training video very clearly aimed at DIYers. This really does seem to contradict what they have been trying to tells us about keeping the product pro only.

More disturbing than that, is the fact that Harmony themselves have made a training video very clearly aimed at DIYers. This really does seem to contradict what they have been trying to tells us about keeping the product pro only.

I hear ya! but similarly there are other brands of products you can just 'you tube' / 'google' and see the application steps of too!

I still think to go to all the time and trouble and expense to buy all the kit...the lamp... then to have to 'bother' to do it on your self..which take AGES ..most peeps would rather pay and have and hour (or however long you take) of pampering..pay a fair price and get a kick ass job....just the way I'm looking at it.:D

Has certainly knocked me off my fence !!!

Having watched the mini gelish video I think there are gong to be an awful lot of uncured pinkies out there!!! How on earth do you get all 4 fingers flat ina straight line under that lamp??
Still, not my problem as it is obviously not aimed at professional use!! :rolleyes:
I had wondered when the first Gel polish Rio kit would hit the market....but I didn't think Harmony woud beat them to it....a pre emptive strike maybe??

So am I!! VERY !!

Knocked off MY FENCE a good while ago too xx

DIY'ers neither worry nor bother me!

Perception of my products is what bothers me!!!

My clients KNOW I only use quality, professional products!

How do I look as a professional when my products are marketed to the general public that they can do it themselves???????

Real shame cos I honestly believed in the brand, the product and the team!!!

And shouted it from the rooftops to fellow well respected professionals!

Never again will I be so gullible!!

grrr.. i hope it doesnt catch on in the UK i really dont.. i love this product.. someone has posted a link to another site www.gelishminis.com whether that is part of harmony US or Sally's US i dont know ..

I am holding off on buying any more colours at the moment..

I am gutted too, done my Gelish course last weekend, got all my kit turn up 2 days later, went into my local Sallys to pick up a hoof stick and there was Gelish staring at me from the shelf.
On my course we were assured Sallys were on a trial period and if they messed up that was it....
But am worried after reading this thread.
Mind you most of the people I do nails for dont even know who Sallys are..... so fingers crossed it will stay that way.
:sad:

Lets hope so.. i still havent been to my local Sally's yet to see, but i will this week :O)..

they are pretty good in their anyway .. always ask for trade card and remember actually who you are and what you do which is good.. its a small one so hopefully gelish will not be sold.. i think i was the first tech down in the north devon to do it and then i saw another so that makes 2 i think.. lol..

Devon is not catching on to it very well tbh.. i hope my Shellac promotions go well when i get the bits and bobs :O)

Sarah x

How do I look as a professional when my products are marketed to the general public that they can do it themselves???????

I agree. That's why I'm hoping Nail Harmony and Sally's are true to their word that Gelish will ONLY be sold to professionals.

But what I dont like about it is the fact that when these clients ruin their nails or get gunho and dont adhere to the instructions properly, it will be tarred as a no good product - end of

Sheila and I took alot of flak for this - as she has already pointed out.

My sallys seem to have only the phase 1 colours in (so I was told in a chat on the phone regarding vat day) interesting though she had sold just top and base coat - so Im not sure what prices they have in there but seems kind of odd to me to buy those and no colours

Hi all,

I just want to clarify, as I tried to in the last 'Sally's' thread...about our distribution here in the UK.

Harmony Distribution in the UK differs greatly to that in the USA. Harmony USA supply Gelish as retail, Harmony UK supply Gelish as professional only.

I can argue till i'm blue in the face but how many of you professional nail techs go into Sally's and purchase professional only hair products? Surely you have no intention of doing so? I don't! Anyway, if someone really wants to purchase a professional only product, they will find a way of getting it. Even Argos are supplying acrylic and UV gel kits!

Sally's UK sell to trade only. Also, regarding the different types of stores, here they are:

Trade only (meaning they sell to people with a trade card)
Trade Park (meaning they sell to public and people with a trade card. They have 2 prices, one retail and one trade)
High Street (meaning they are situated on a High Street and sell to public and people with a trade card. They have 2 prices, one retail and one trade)

Sally's are about 80% trade only and 20% retail in the UK, however in the USA it's the exact opposite.

What I am trying to do it make you guys understand that we are not running things in the same manner in the UK so please don't expect that what the USA does is the same as what the UK does.

We are not marketing to the general public. Gelish is still a quality, professional product.

Can I also state that I have never dished out any abuse to anyone on here! :hug::hug:

I personally dont mind Gelish being sold in Trade Only Sally's... at least it is not on their actual website to purchase and see how it is put on. There are plenty of DIY you tube vids and instructions on many unauthorised sellers websites too..

sitting here thinking about it .. who in their right mind is actually going to buy one of these mini's kits, all the way from the US to be shipped to the UK.. (apart from on fleabay of course i suppose)..

i do love this product and i also do love the gels too.. i just hope it stays an ASKED for name and not a HOUSEHOLD name.. for us in the UK.. :Kissing:

Sarah x

I will be amazed if this post is here tomorrow, note to self take a snap shot before the vultures descend! :lick:
Why would your reply not be here in the morning?

Providing your post doesn't break the site rules there's no reason to feel like that (or even mention it)!!!

Anyway, if someone really wants to purchase a professional only product, they will find a way of getting it. Even Argos are supplying acrylic and UV gel kits!

:

Which is surely why companies should be making it harder for the public to get hold of not easier. I point this comment at ALL COMPANIES.. Does anyone honestly think that joan blow wont walk into Sally's.. spend the amount she needs.. watch the DIY video.. and go from there? This industry is FULL of people like that!! How many of us have seen a DIY non trained newbie ask us for advice?? why bother, now they can just go into sally's and then websites and learn. Sure they wont last, 9 times out of 10 they will fail or worse do them selves an injury, and then yet another unflattering light gets shone on our industry!

Here is my take.. you can promise till the cows come home that Gelish and the like will stay professional, but professional in my opinion means available to ONLY technicians TRAINED in the system. As a technician I have to deal with ebay and other online sellers who do not trade as pro only suppliers.. Do I now have to worry about the products i know, trust and invested my hard earned TIME and MONEY in?

No comment from anyone here defending the move has convinced me otherwise, away from the forums, and in the real world... the reality is... If people can take an "easier/cheaper" option, they will, and the people who are supposed to be supporting us, are actually handing it to them on a plate.

just my opinion obviously.;)

For what it's worth, here is my take on Geilish in Sally's. I am a Master Edudactor with Hand and Nail Harmony and have had a lot of students! None of them have baulked at Gelish being in Sallys! Why, oh yes they have been trained, as Harmony have said to Sally's training is vital. Sallys want Gelish in their stores. We as Harmony are more than willing to provide the training.

Juust another thing, Harmony as a company are not just Gelish, we are Gel and L&P as well, and before some of you smarties come in, no they won't be available in Sallys.

All I can can suggest is some of you wind your neck in and stop judging, the product is amazing, who wouldn't want to share it :D

I will be amazed if this post is here tomorrow, note to self take a snap shot before the vultures descend! :lick:

WOW fiftrix, Vultures?? Smarties?? wind neck in?? {{ Smacks own head and walks away...}} Somethings never change.. Dont question anything unless you want to be talked down to by the people who are SUPPOSED to be supporting us :sad: I have wwatched you and your journey through CND and beyond, and was quite proud to think that one of us LOWLY (in need of neck winding in) techs was amoung the great, seems you are now one who cares more for the system then the people using it?? Correct me if im wrong but once upon a time Fi you would have been right with us QUESTIONING what we have a RIGHT to have answered.. shame really :lick: back atcha! x

Latest posts

Back