Gelish at sallys for sale to the public!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful with OPI too! In my less knowledgeable days I bought an OPI polish off EBay and at the time I was none the wiser but now I have bought into OPI I realise that this OPI polish is 100% fake! Smells wrong and colour is wrong completely to what it's meant to be. It was a very convincing copy and if I wasn't in this business now I wouldn't have had a clue.

That's exactly it. As with fake bags and shoes unless you have the real thing to compare or really know you stuff you might never know.

There are tons of fake designer handbag and shoe sellers on ebay with 100% positive feedback. People just don't know the difference until it falls apart a few months later and they just think its not worth the extra money! Such a shame because they will never know the true quality of the real item. Same for nail products.

As ever, if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Surely it is impossible for someone to regularly sell products under trade price??? What would be their source?

This thread has 9 pages:eek:
I have looked and can't find a single thread where a make up artist is in a panic because of a product being made available to jo public.
No hair dressers thinking they will go out of business because of home colour products. Far from it, quiet a few threads on the problems faced by salons sorting out hair problems.
Not a single manicurist thinking they shouldn't have clients who paint their own nails, infact I know quiet a few who retail their professional polishes, polishes that regular clients use at home, does it stop them comeing back to the salon? No it doesn't.
So why have we got so much negativity over Sally's selling gelish to trade only customers?
Shelac is available on Amazon, I don't know if it's the real deal or not, am I worried that clients will buy out Amazons stock and I'll never use Shelac in a service again?
Do I think that every time I sell a file to a client that it's the last time I'll ever have that client in for a shape and polish?
Em, no. Why oh why do you have so little faith in your skills? Why do you see every new thing as a threat to your business?
Come on ladies (and gents) get a grip. We work in an exciting industry, which has something new around every corner. I don't think Sally's is going to put us out of business.
Anymore then Avon has.

It's certainly not faith in skills my darling it's the fact that we invested in a 'professional' product not a product that had, already in the pipeline, plans to sell to the general public with mini sizes and mini lamps. It's not if they will put us out of business but the fact that we have been misled by the company.

I have switched over to Young Nails ManiQ Colour and am loving it and I think that anyone who is not happy with Gelish going into Sallys can do the same with this or another brand a lot of us have.

I wouldn't be happy going to a make up artist who used Avon nor a nail tech who used Rimmel. I want to have a product that the general public would have to go to a lot of trouble to get hold of not something they can get on their aunties card in Sallys.

If they had decided to go into Capital Hair and Beauty or Ellisons or Aston and Fincher then none of us would have had any problems but Sallys sell to the public plain and simple and although reassurances are given the facts are that they sell to the public.

If it bothers you then switch products and if it doesn't then stay, it's easy.:)

As always, shedunlop, well said.

It's certainly not faith in skills my darling it's the fact that we invested in a 'professional' product not a product that had, already in the pipeline, plans to sell to the general public with mini sizes and mini lamps. It's not if they will put us out of business but the fact that we have been misled by the company.

I have switched over to Young Nails ManiQ Colour and am loving it and I think that anyone who is not happy with Gelish going into Sallys can do the same with this or another brand a lot of us have.

I wouldn't be happy going to a make up artist who used Avon nor a nail tech who used Rimmel. I want to have a product that the general public would have to go to a lot of trouble to get hold of not something they can get on their aunties card in Sallys.

If they had decided to go into Capital Hair and Beauty or Ellisons or Aston and Fincher then none of us would have had any problems but Sallys sell to the public plain and simple and although reassurances are given the facts are that they sell to the public.

If it bothers you then switch products and if it doesn't then stay, it's easy.:)

Here here!

Ok, fair comment :hug: I wasn't thinking about it from that point of view.
I have had quiet a long talk with the manager of my local Sally's, I use them if I'm desperate, i.e. have run out of something and need it NOW!!
She stopped me, she wanted to know why I've had a Sally's card for years but have only ever used them 9 times. So I told her! She was actually interested in my answer, she's only been there a few months, since Sally's said they were combining with another company.
Anyway, from the horses mouth, they are checking .id, so if your face isn't known to them and you have a card and you try to buy something that is on the professional only list, like Harmony Gelish then you have to show them another form of i.d. like a drivers licence. No i.d. no sale.
So, at our end, Sally's is trying to up it's game. She told me that they are on a trial with Harmony and are well aware that Harmony will yank the product out if it's shown that it's being sold to the public.
I guess I just get frustrated with so many peeps looking at the negative rather then saying ok, xxxxx has happened so to move forward I must do yyyyy.
Just to add, I know that it's different in the USA but I've also seen the whole range of Dashing Diva being sold in other countries in supermarkets, but I trust that if that happened here they would soon find themselves dropped from S2.

Last edited:
Ok, fair comment :hug: I wasn't thinking about it from that point of view.
I have had quiet a long talk with the manager of my local Sally's, I use them if I'm desperate, i.e. have run out of something and need it NOW!!
She stopped me, she wanted to know why I've had a Sally's card for years but have only ever used them 9 times. So I told her! She was actually interested in my answer, she's only been there a few months, since Sally's said they were combining with another company.
Anyway, from the horses mouth, they are checking .id, so if your face isn't known to them and you have a card and you try to buy something that is on the professional only list, like Harmony Gelish then you have to show them another form of i.d. like a drivers licence. No i.d. no sale.
So, at our end, Sally's is trying to up it's game. She told me that they are on a trial with Harmony and are well aware that Harmony will yank the product out if it's shown that it's being sold to the public.
I guess I just get frustrated with so many peeps looking at the negative rather then saying ok, xxxxx has happened so to move forward I must do yyyyy.
Just to add, I know that it's different in the USA but I've also seen the whole range of Dashing Diva being sold in other countries in supermarkets, but I trust that if that happened here they would soon find themselves dropped from S2.

This was covered a little while back so I popped the thread here for you x

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/142296-dashing-diva-supermarkets-not.html

YES,Gelish ,Gelac,Shellac and everything else is on Amazon too not just e bay...I am pretty convinced that there are copies of all kinds of things but I am also pretty sure that for example IBD xtreme gel which I am buying from the seller on e bay is the same I can buy in authorised shop IBD here,the only difference is the price of course.

Your works are amazing so I really think that people who want nice nails will come to professional even if his or her neighbour can buy Gelish and apply it for smaller cost.

I do agree. It is really annoying and if I bought into Gelish I would be really annoyed, but everyone can buy some paints and canvas but not everyone can paint a masterpiece!! Your skill will outshine these DIYers and they'll come running back in good time.

Yes,that is exactly what I meant we all know the words but can we write a poem??? :Grope:

wrong smiley ....sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back