Gelish bubbling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopkica

Reaction score
My gellish started to bubble after curing today has anyone else had this problem?

Xx

It's probably too thick, try it again with a thin layer and dry brush base coat, hth

Hey geeks

I've noticed my gelish is bubbling a bit between coats, has anyone else experienced this? And shrinking also just as u apply

X

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thank.u. Xx

Ive never had bubbling with Gelish that ive done before but it could that your applying the product to thickly. Are u dry brushing your foundation layer? thats the only thing that would make your colour shrink. What are your steps when u apply?

I agree it usually does this if it's applied a bit too thickly xx

Ah no I dont dry brush the base I'm applying the base like I would do the colour, is the base maybe too thick? Also I did a set today luckily only for a friend and didn't charge but her thumb peeled a few hours later. :-((

Put your foundation on really thin and dry brush, then follow with 2 or 3 thin coats of colour . I have never had bubbling also make sure your not over curing your product x

Ah no I dont dry brush the base I'm applying the base like I would do the colour, is the base maybe too thick? Also I did a set today luckily only for a friend and didn't charge but her thumb peeled a few hours later. :-((

I've had this & it was a friend & my foundation gel was too thick. Is ur bottle new? I found wiping some of the excess off then scrubbing it into the nail plate is much better. I've found everything thinner the better. I'm starting with gelish, I love it & learning along the way with every set I do. Xxx

Thanks all, yes I think it's down to my foundation coat being to thick and maybe over curing? How long should we be curing the base coat for? Xx

Your foundation needs to be thin thin thin!

When you bring your brush out of the bottle, wipe any excess off until there is very little on the brush, that will then do all five nails of one hand, and as mentioned scrub it into the nail making sure you cap the free edge x

Sorry forgot to say base coat cure 1 min in UV lamp and 5 to 10 seconds in the LED lamp, depending on which one you have x

Great! Thank you fellow geeks this has helped loads. I've got a UV lamp, when I get better I might invest in an LED one xx

Hi!

Sorry for hijacking;) I was just wondering about the foundation gel, if left for longer than the 1 minute will it be more difficult to soak off? I have heard about this regarding shellac but I don't know if the same applies to Gelish.

My lamp doesn't have a 1 min timer so i usually just do one hand, put it in the lamp and then switch hands when the other is ready. I haven't timed it but i wouldn't think it is much more than 1 min. But yesterday I was soaking off Midnight caller with emerald dust on top and it was very hard to get off, and even after getting all the color off i could still see a clear layer of gel on the nail plate.

Could it be foundation layer overcuring?

Hi!

Sorry for hijacking;) I was just wondering about the foundation gel, if left for longer than the 1 minute will it be more difficult to soak off? I have heard about this regarding shellac but I don't know if the same applies to Gelish.

My lamp doesn't have a 1 min timer so i usually just do one hand, put it in the lamp and then switch hands when the other is ready. I haven't timed it but i wouldn't think it is much more than 1 min. But yesterday I was soaking off Midnight caller with emerald dust on top and it was very hard to get off, and even after getting all the color off i could still see a clear layer of gel on the nail plate.

Could it be foundation layer overcuring?

I don't have a 1min timer on my lamp (I use uv one) & I cure everything for 2mins & dont have a problem with it coming off. X

I don't have a 1min timer on my lamp (I use uv one) & I cure everything for 2mins & dont have a problem with it coming off. X

Forgot to add this bit on! Try wrapping back up for a few mins longer if finding hard to get off

You can get those kitchen digital timers, really small to carry around.

Well i have a timer on mine a two min timer but its broken haha So i just guess it.

Im using Gellux base and Gelish colour, im wondering if this has anything to do with it? Eeeekk I figured they are all the same all gel polish just different brands?

xx

More than likely because you're mixing and matching and you aren't timing correctly. Why would it work if you aren't carrying out the basic elements :|

I wouldn't use different brands personally unless you know they can be used together, I would apply thin layers and I would advise getting a timer. I don't use gellux so can't tell you if they are compatible with gelish.

Latest posts

Back