Gelish Carnival Hangover stained client's nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holistikat

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if any of you have experienced this and if you could give me some advice?

I removed this from my clients nails last week and its left them stained, i had them wrapped and soaking for well over 15 minutes and it normally comes off so easily but this time they were really stubborn and its left them slightly stained.

Shed had it on 3 weeks and i definately followed the correct procedure and didnt do anything different from normal!

Shes rang me to say they are still stained, and i feel bad but im pretty sure its nothing iv done wrong!

Would i be right in thinking that it could be caused from dryness/lack of oil?

I offered her a free file and polish as a goodwill gesture after her removal but now shes rang me saying shes taken the polish off and they are still stained.

Im not sure what else i could/should offer her, and if i can do anything to remove it?

I dont want to loose a loyal client but i dont want to accept responsibility for something thats not my fault.

TIA xx

Do you have a pic of her nails? I don't think I've ever experienced any staining from Gelish, even when it's on for three weeks, yes it's a bit more stubborn to remove but it's never stained. Had she put on any nail varnish on the top (to maybe hide the regrowth) that could have stained it? I think there's a few products on the market to get rid of stains but I was told warm water with squeezed lemon does the trick, not 100% sure how effective that is though...

Did you use a base coat? Sorry to ask, it's the only thing I can think of that would make it stain because the gelish foundation should really act as a barrier from the colour leaking through. Is it on all of her nails?xx

Thanks for you reply.

She hadnt used polish and I did use the foundation base coat and all nails are stained... im really baffled as I follow the correct procedure as taught in my gelish training from a nail harmony educator and all my products are direct from nail harmony. Iv been using it for years and never had this problem x

I've never heard of this myself. Gelish takes 10 to 15 mins maximum to remove from the nail. If you wrapped and left them for well over 15 minutes and found it was still stubborn to come off, I can only assume the foundation was applied too thick. Your foundation needs to be nice and thin, this will make removal a lot faster.

You will find removing any product from a client that has very dry or dehydrated nails will take longer in my experience, but I've never seen staining from a UV polish before.

Would it be possible that there was still some product on her nails and it looked like they were stained?

I applied really thin, as I always do and im sure there was nothing left on the nail as I applied polish after removal and it went on really smoothly. When she comes for her next appointment I will perhaps wrap again and offer a complimentary hand mask and try scrubbing the nails. Then at least that way I know iv done all I can!

I get 'staining' from Carnival Hangover. Think Shake It Till You Samba stains too.
I only use 2 thin coats for both colours so no idea why it would just be them.
Different clients and different lamps.

I get 'staining' from Carnival Hangover. Think Shake It Till You Samba stains too.
I only use 2 thin coats for both colours so no idea why it would just be them.
Different clients and different lamps.

Oh, should have added that all my clients use oil. They buy it so I know they use it (unless they're drinking it of course!).

I removed Tiger Blossom from a client last week and was left with staining too. Her nails are very dry, she swears she uses her Solar Oil, but I know better! Lol. Only ever happens with these clients, the rest use their oil and we never have problems with staining.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've never had this problem with any of the above colours that have been mentioned.
Maybe her nails were a bit on the dry side? Is she on any medication or using nourish? x

Oh im glad its not just me...i thought i was going mad!

I use a nail harmony lamp and the client has had the same colour before with no problems! Her nails were quite dry and i noticed that her toe nails were too when i did them (she just had a normal pedi on them and they werent stained from the previous product, just her fingers).

I will tell her again about the importance of using oil as i know she forgets quite a lot

Latest posts

Back