Gelish colour brushes ruined!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulu3

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to this forum so thanks for having me.

I have had a Gelish kit for around 3 years now (I have my hair nd beauty qualifications but pursued other dreams and do treatments for friends and family only now so don't go through my products very quickly at all).

I have kept my bottles in a case, out of direct sunlight all this time and have not (to my knowledge) exposed them to my LED lamp light.

The brushes are really bad. However it is only the colour brushes; the foundation and top it off brushes are still good as new. The colour brushes are stiff (but not rock hard) and thick. It's near impossible to get a smooth coat due to this and the outer layer of bristles are starting to splay. I must have only ever used them a handful of times each (I have 5 colours) and they're all like this! The gel itself appears to be fine.

Can anyone help please!?
Why has this happened?
Can I fix the brushes?
Or do I need to buy new brushes? If so where from?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Lulu3 xx

Hi,
I've had this happen. I don't know why it does it but you can buy replacement brushes from nail harmony

Ok great! Thank you x

This has happened to me with a couple of colours and also top coats if I've been doing nails in a conservatory when it's sunny or near a window where there's lots of light, even not in direct sunlight!
As above poster said nail harmony sell replacement brushes, I always have them handy in my kit just incase

excessive heat can also start to cure your products :) at least you can buy replacement brushes :)

You could also decant and use a regular gel brush

heat & cold can cause the consistency to change.
So if the product becomes thicker the brushes will splay.

Latest posts

Back